• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Embedding messages from Flickr

Mary Bull

Hello Everyone Who's Been Watching Me Learn To Do This,

Thanks to Martin McClean, I now know the steps.

So, only as a test, here's a snapshot of my pet cat, M&M, made with my Canon G2 on Christmas Eve, 2004. I've done nothing to it, except size it at Flickr. The flash washed her eyes out a bit, otherwise this is exactly how she looks to me.

http://static.flickr.com/54/171999298_be52954aff_m.jpg

I rescued her as a foundling, after a massive hailstorm in April, 1998. The vet estimated her age at 2 weeks, then. She weighed 7 ounces. She's over 10 pounds now, an indoor cat, and my constant companion. As a small kitten, she used to sleep on my lap at community band rehearsals.

Slight change of subject, back to the subject line:

If anyone would like the steps Martin gave me, I'll be happy to post them here. Just ask. :)

Best wishes to all, and many thanks to Martin!

Mary

Mary Bull

Diane Fields said:
Mary, read this thread--scroll down to Sean's post and follow it---easy when you know how *smile*.\
http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5388#post5388

Diane, thanks a mil. Went there. Read. Which toolbar? The one above the "type-the-message-in-window? Mousing-over that one brings me no text tooltips at all.

I recognize most of the icons' meanings, though, I think. Let me try that little picture of text-with-a-tail, three from the right.

Nope, that brings me no "Insert" dialogue window. Puts some quote codes. Okay, I'll just keep systematically trying them right to left, like some stylus-user in an ancient language (although no stylus here--only keyboard and mouse).

Ah, starting to look like a bunch of HTML tags. I am verily in the heart of geek-land. :)

Got it! It's the envelope!! I feel like I've just won an Academy Award! Many, many thanks, Diane. And thanks to Martin for helping me find my URL in Flickr.

Below, he/she who runs may read and view my beautiful M&M:

171999298_be52954aff_m.jpg

Let's see how it goes then.

Best wishes and many thanks, Diane,
Mary

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Mary,

You have finally been the one person to get to post a cat. This is really quite an achievement. Thanks for those who helped. I must say, posting images can be frustrating at first.

Now, everyone else, unless your name is Mary and your cat weighs 10 lb and has been to numerous band rehearsals and has the REAL NAME First and Last of M and M, respectively, please don't post pictures of your cat ever

unless it is in Layback cafe and real fun to share or an outstand work of art! We do love fun and all animals. In fact all life and the very earth itself.

So now, at last, we have put the last brick in place of being an official photgraphy forum, our own delightful cat picture, M & M, honorary senior member, first class! :)

Asher

Mary Bull

Asher Kelman said:
Mary,

You have finally been the one person to get to post a cat. This is really quite an achievement. Thanks for those who helped. I must say, posting images can be frustrating at first.

Now, everyone else, unless your name is Mary and your cat weighs 10 lb and has been to numerous band rehearsals and has the REAL NAME First and Last of M and M, respectively, please don't post pictures of your cat ever

unless it is in Layback cafe and real fun to share or an outstand work of art! We do love fun and all animals. In fact all life and the very earth itself.

So now, at last, we have put the last brick in place of being an official photgraphy forum, our own delightful cat picture, M & M, honorary senior member, first class! :)

Asher

Asher, sorry I missed seeing the Cats Forbidden rule. I could have sent a holly bough instead for my test. ;)

M&M, herself, is very adept at keyboarding, and she also knows how to get at the G2 button.

Any chance you'd want her as a New Member of OPF?

Okay, just kidding. I'm allowed, since I'm old enough to be your aunt, or even, perhaps, your mother. But I won't push my luck in future.

Thanks for your kind acceptance of the insert, and M&M sends her appreciation, too.
~mm*
Her Mark

Mary Bull

Asher Kelman said:
M&M is already an Honorary Member, First Class!

So we're happy :)

Asher

And I'm ecstatic. This is such a fun place to be.

I plan to learn a lot in the coming days from reading threads in all the forums that aren't over my head, and getting to know everyone, here in Introduce Yourself and in the Layback Cafe. :)

P.S. M&M has accepted her Senior Honorary Member, First Class! certificate with pleasure and hung it framed above her food dish.
*mm~
HER MARK

Last edited: