• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Broken Light

Melanie Kipp

I like it. The colors and tone are great. I find the metal bar in the bottom of the frame a distraction, however. If it were my own I would crop the image just above the bottom metal bar. Looks like the kind of scene I would photograph.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Tom,

Interesting subject.

Assuming this is to be printed, I would first experiment with the tones. The shadows seem to be missing. If this is still available, I'd return at dusk. Else, if this came from RAW make another copy with lower tones and blend. Then look to crop. Another superimposed shadow might be interesting. Also the the even light from oneside to another and up and down doesn't guide the eyes. So back to adding shadows,

Of course, that represents my own esthetic. Your own vision mustn't be destroyed in the process.

Asher

Tom Henkel

Thanks Melanie and Asher for your insights...

I did a tighter crop per Melanie's suggestion. I think that was a big improvement. The shot looks less cluttered now.

I put back more shadow and tinkered with the tone per Asher's suggestion. I think it's better. I also think I need stop looking at this particular image for a while to really objectively see some of the subtle changes. Anyway, here is the updated version. Comments welcome.

Thanks again Asher and Melanie for your input.

Tom

http://www.pbase.com/image/61086193

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Nice one
I wouldn't have cropped it, I would have clone the metal sheet down to erase the bar. Hence the pic would have more depth... IMHO