• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Always Takes Me Awhile...

Suzanne Gee

...to jump into things. Just navigating a new forum can be a real challenge until I get my bearings. Never hesitate stating the obvious to me. I can get lost in an empty parking lot.

Open Photography member Harvey Moore was the kind soul who introduced me to this lovely forum. I appreciate the friendly welcome I received from Asher Kelman.

Photo experience: Film, years ago...a lovely little Konica that finally bit the dust. Digital, started slowly last winter and really got into the thick of things in the spring. I'm trying to translate experience in drawing, painting and scene design into photography. The whole editing process was new to me as well.

Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ7; Photo Editor: PaintShop Pro 9

Galleries: www.pbase.com/soenda...completely free ranging assortment of things that interest me. Freedom from film processing time and expense means I relish taking all kinds of photos. I discovered that everyday things fascinate me: objects large and small...animals, plants, people...construction sites, heavy machinery, utility poles...hub caps, motorcycles, drainspouts...If it will hold still long enough, I'll get around to shooting it.

Pbase and the Fred Miranda Photography Forum were my entree to digital photography. I was very fortunate to encounter several outstanding mentors there. For most of our married lives, my husband has been the family photographer. Now he's putting those energies into seeing me develop my skills. With the patience of three saints, he accompanies me to all my photo forays, keeps me from getting run over and cues me to good shots.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's happening here and to sharing my own work. Thanks for having me.

Suzanne

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Martin,

A suggestion: move your gear to elsewhere in your page on your profile, away from your signature.

We don't like the wrong people to effortlissly find who has the equipment to rip off!

Asher

Welcome Suzanne!

Suzanne Gee said:
Just navigating a new forum can be a real challenge until I get my bearings.

With your case in mind;-)) I wrote a little tutorial that may help you to find your ways around faster than you thought:)
When you get a minute, check it out.

Will be looking for your posts!
wave.gif

Mary Bull

Hi Suzanne!

Being so new to this forum myself, I did not realize that the words of your link to your galleries actually were a link. So I'm just now getting a look.

Wonderful! Enough to keep me viewing for days. I particularly like the "Thistles" uploaded today, August 27. But so many others are pulling me in.

So, welcome from me, and best wishes to you always.

Mary

Suzanne Gee

Thanks, Nill.

I've watched a steady growth in the number of women joinging the Fred Miranda site, so maybe it's a trend. I think most of us Double-Xers plan to continue as long as we can. <smile>