• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Good use of shallow depth of field!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Gary,

470942447_vGT2s-L.jpg

Still my favorite, I think.

Best regards,

Doug

Jim Galli

Hi, Jim,

Tailstock ballcrank, actually.

Lovely! Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

lol, I like it. I'll have to change it's name. This old lathe was busy 100 years ago in Tonopah, and is still used. It's connected via a flat belt to a large ceiling jackshaft system.

Doug Kerr

Warning

I didn't pay any great attention to DoF matters when I shot this - I was just fascinated by the sign.

DoF_F06478R.jpg

This is at the edge of a railroad right of way in Aledo, Texas. The sign actually faces onto an adjacent parking lot.

I have no idea what it warns about. It is perhaps in fulfillment of some railroad or regulatory agency rule that requires a warning sign every so often along the boundary of the right of way!

This is the full frame, ex camera, other than for downsizing and some attendant resharpening.

Best regards,

Doug

janet Smith

pro member
Hi John & Doug

Thank you both, sometimes I just can't decide if I like a shot ot not, this is another one I puzzled over, almost deleted it, then decided to work on it a bit, and ended up quite liking it! Glad you do....

Oh and yes Doug I love the 50mm f1.4, I've just been in the woods again with it today, but it was all drab and grey, can't wait for Spring!

I liked this one because it's not too difficult to make out the row that is the center of attention. When I gave the word, they all turned to face the camera.

_DSC4568.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
OK, the one who is in focus is called Captain Haddock. So the other one must be.....

Tintin of course!
Do I get a free travel to Congo? or to America?

This is all about our European youth! A famous (for us only, obviously!) serie… designed by a guy from Belgium called RG (Rémi Georges).

If you wnat my opinion, Asher could be Captain Haddock AND Tintin!

Now, what about her? and the dog?

castafiore-400.jpg

[EDIT] Sorry, but emotionnaly charged by the souvenirs, I forgot to keep OT ;-) [/EDIT]

One of the Australian cartoonists potrays new PM Rudd as TinTin so it may not be familiar in US but it's quite familiar in Oz.

Back to the ostensible topic:

_MRF6159.jpg

Skip Landy in performance at the Goulburn Blues festival a week ago.

Regards,
Murray

Bill Miller

Oh fer pete's sake. Ur in Hooters and you take a picture of the cheesecake. There's cheesecake, and then there's cheesecake y'no.

LOL - ended up there for wings n beer after 2 days in a studio. What's not shown are a couple of models who happened to make the employees look very average. Just a little wrap celebration! No other pics available.