• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Marginal Pictures turned good

Rob.Martin

It's my experience that one should go back trolling through his/her picture database on occassion and have a look at some of the older pictures. I am sure there are many gems in there that you'll be able to press your ever growing photoshop and processing knowledge on. Here's one that would have been in the bin but for some B&W work.
lions_Mating-BW.jpg

I also like this image - a very unsual, but effective 'atmosphere' for a wildlife shot.

As for going through my old images - most of the time, I find I wish I had deleted more of them, and it's less common to find some hidden gems there! ;-)

danielsan

I do that as well. One man's garbage is another man's treasure. ;) Sometimes I even reprocess images that I considered keepers to see if I can improve them with any extra tools or knowledge I have acquired over time.

I rarely delete images except for the true garbage. Storage is cheap.

Tom Yi

I'd also like to see a version with a tigter crop, duotone, and more contrast in the midtone.
Overall not a bad find. I gotta go through my files too one of these days.

Stan Jirman

When I was scanning all my slides and negs a couple of years ago, for every thousand "oh my, why did I ever think this was a good picture" was one "hey, this is actually quite nice!" moment. Overall, the 400GB of scanned material are not worth the storage for artistic but rather only for "memories" reasons.

If I had found your image, it would have been one of the few :)