• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tim Rogers, Binghamton, NY

Tim Rogers

Hello.

I've been shooting with digital SLR's (Canon) for about two years starting with the 300D and more recently a 5D. Before that I shot film with a Maxum and only a 50 mm lens since the early eighties. My 21 year old daughter still uses that Minolta quite a lot in art school and may never give it back.

My primary interest right now is a mixed bag of high school sports, landscape and informal portrait work.....and yes...I need to become more focused! I've also been shooting sometimes at work to create educational material for inservicing new employees which is one reason why I'm keeping my 300D.

My goals in the near future? I need a new pc and would love to get a 200/2.8L and 50/1.4L to go along with my 85/1.8 and 70-200/4L. The 5D is already turning me into a real honest to God photographer!......heh heh.....just kidding.

Jason Anderson

Binghamton??? Wow - there's a name I haven't heard in a while. Used to compete against yall when I was on the high school swim team in - (wait for it)

Oneonta, NY! :)

Tim Rogers

You're a YellowJacket?

.......Small world alright. I bet you know who John Hayen is. I asked him to see about webcasting his show so that I could listen here in the Binghamton area (I actually live in Vestal). My youngest kid goes to Seton which competes in athletics against some of the teams that are near Oneonta like Unatego, Sidney, Delhi, Walton, Unadilla Valley and Bainbridge-Guilford. Seton lost to Sidney 60-0 last fall in football ! The Saints did put a whupping on those black and yellow insects in basketball though.........lol

......Do you ever come back up here to visit?

Jason Anderson

I am in fact a Yellow Jacket and my proudest day weas junior year when we swam against 'yall, but I wont rub the story in your face. I do get back actually as my folks still live there (dad is a retired prof/dean from SUNY there). Ahhh...Unadilla, how I remember thee! Always a great tale...people ask where Oneonta is and instead of saying the typical "halfway between Binghamton and Albany" my father liked to say "about halfway between Schenevus and Unadilla"!

But of course the one time we were in Florida and he pulled it on an Easter sunday service to the pastor, the guy scrathed his head a moment, and said..."Isn't that near Afton?"

Broome County's not the end of the world

I've spent quite a bit of time in Endicott and Owego on IBM business (but lived in Croton-on-Hudson). Flying into your area gave a great sense of the land. Oneonta and Binghamton both have hilltop airports (and Owego a gliderport) that sit like aircraft carriers in the rolling hills -- land long and you could probably start flying again. Is the Endicott-Johnson Shoe Company triumphal arch still there?

scott

Jason Anderson

I dont think so...they've actually grown a lot in recent history with a Lowes and Home Depot comin to town, they got a Super Wal-Mart, and a Costco
s. The airport brings back some memories though as my father was a hobbyist pilot and he was in a pretty bad plane crash up there. My mother and her friend both walked away from it with bumpbs and bruises but my father and the other guy both got broken up pretty bad. They lived to talk about it, but not the most settling of experiences. It was front page news at the time so that may have made it to Binghamton! :D