• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello

Iain Duncan

Hi everyone,

been looking through the threads and thought I'd join....

Just starting out in the photography world quite fancy trying to make a career out of it...

looking to buy a new camera and equipment, can anyone suggest what I'd need to start off, I know its not going to be cheap but really want to make a go of this hopefully get a studio by end of the year.

any help and advice offered will be greatly appreciated.

many thanks in advance

iain

Cem_Usakligil

Hi everyone,

been looking through the threads and thought I'd join....

Just starting out in the photography world quite fancy trying to make a career out of it...

looking to buy a new camera and equipment, can anyone suggest what I'd need to start off, I know its not going to be cheap but really want to make a go of this hopefully get a studio by end of the year.

any help and advice offered will be greatly appreciated.

many thanks in advance

iain
Hi Iain,

Welcome to OPF, I hope you'll find what you are looking for here. But I should give you a word of warning in advance. You shall achieve a lot and get good answers if you try and learn things by yourself first and then ask for help when you get stuck. And then listen to the answers carefully and do something with the advice given. Many of the answers may seem harsh and full of criticism at first. But you shall realize that this is the only way to really learn and grow. If you are hoping to find ready made answers to easily become a successful photographer in the short term, quit right now. This is the best advice I can give you.

Cheers,

Iain Duncan

Hi Cem

Thank you for your kind words.... defo looking to make this a long term career and its something I really enjoy... as they say you only learn from practice and practice makes perfect if there is such a thing... I look forward to hearing peoples opinions of my photo's, at the present I am very interested in sunsets but my camera just went on the blink so having to get a new one, no a clue what to get.

Iain

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Cem

Thank you for your kind words.... defo looking to make this a long term career and its something I really enjoy... as they say you only learn from practice and practice makes perfect if there is such a thing... I look forward to hearing peoples opinions of my photo's, at the present I am very interested in sunsets but my camera just went on the blink so having to get a new one, no a clue what to get.

Iain
Hi Iain,

To allow us uggest ideas for the future:

1. Post some of your best images for feed back. Just 4-8 will do. For each, give the shot info found in Photoshop FILE: File info.
  2. Time frame
  3. Budget for camera
  4. What else besides Sunsets? That's not a living. Sunsets like pictures of Big Ben or the Mona Lisa are everywhere. Yes, that's romantic, but unless you bring a new measure of unusual talent, you'd starve. You current work will let us know what's reality.

Good luck,

Asher