• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Bond Girl (part I)

Mary Bull

LOL

Nicolas, would you believe that when I tried to post only "LOL" I got a javascript Alert box asking me to make my message at least 10 characters long?

Eek! Enough to drive one to drink! <happy wink>

Gary Ayala

I've been somewhat removed from hard liquior for quite a while ... much prefer a robust glass of California Zinfandel or Cabernet as a reward for a hard's day work ... but I won't turn down a single malt scotch (neat of course).

Gary

PS- Mixed drinks are for Nuns (lol)
G

Mary Bull

I don't drink much hard liquor--never did--or any wine or beer any more, and never did that very much either. Presently don't run in circles where it's offered.

Doesn't mean that I don't enjoy talking about it, or reading others talking about it.

Sort of like the James Bond novels--been there, done that.

Anyone want to start a new thread on books-and-movies and how the culture they shape influences the decisions of still photographers?

Mary Bull said:
You don't like Jack Daniels Black Label? <serious question, since it's among my favorites>

I do not dislike it. Nor do a I like it. Jack Daniels has too much bite and carbon flavor. It is not a smooth whiskey.

Ezra Brooks on the other hand has a mild bite and is somewhat smooth. Both have their more expensive sweeter variant. And the expensive bourbons do little for me as most go overboard with the bit and carbon flavor.

enjoy,

Sean

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Mary Bull said:
LOL

Nicolas, would you believe that when I tried to post only "LOL" I got a javascript Alert box asking me to make my message at least 10 characters long?
Bonsoir Mary
it is because we need understandable messages.

LOL LOL LOL
should be OK
:))))))

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nikoloai,

In spite of misgivings about educational messages, which have been appropriately expressed, I still like your "Bond" pictures and it is worth exploring more. I enjoy the derivative B&W image. Sometimes, one gets clarity of message when color is removed. In this case it worked. I'd like to see more experiments like this. The camera only captures reflected light. We still need to make a picture.

Asher

Asher,

Asher Kelman said:
Nikoloai,

In spite of misgivings about educational messages, which have been appropriately expressed, I still like your "Bond" pictures and it is worth exploring more. I enjoy the derivative B&W image. Sometimes, one gets clarity of message when color is removed. In this case it worked. I'd like to see more experiments like this. The camera only captures reflected light. We still need to make a picture.

Asher

Thank you!

As I mentioned earlier, the second part of this shoot, "From Russia With Attitude", is now in the works. I was hoping to post sooner, but got distracted by a few things (Star*Explorer needed an update, family needed some attention over the weekend, I got plain exhausted and needed some rest - you know how it goes..:). I managed to get a few images processed, but still a few more are not even touched yet.
And I don't want to post a half-ass job, I hope you understand:)

Cheers!