• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Interesting web-based image editor!

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Surfing the web I found this website:

http://www.pixlr.com/

They have a light and a stronger version, all free (donationware) it has many features of PS.
If you run Flash 10 in your browser, there is no need to upload your image…
It opens jpegs and pngs, can save as bmp (but won't open it).

A simple but quit complete (for free!) tool… should be very interesting for the one who do not wish to invest in PS…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It is set up like Photoshop and so the user interface is intuitive! I couldn't find masks. I'd like to know if anyone else discovered that feature. A workaround I found is to use the eraser. I guess one could do that over a black color layer and so one would get the feel of a masking as one erases.

The selection magic wand tool works well and one can go back from the edit menu.

Seems to me like a hand light weight program to put on an ASUS or other super light net book.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A much more advanced web based editor is Phoenix from www.aviary.com They have free vector tools too, and a 3d app is on its way.
Per,

That's another leap forward! I notice that the avaiary does support masking. I'll have to try it when I have a break. The great thing about these programs is the ambility to work with local selections so that this could be part of the post Lightroom workflow, especially if one is on the orad.

Photoshop is now very expensive and I feel a lot of folk will be using these programs. I haven't found a shadow highlight too. I guess one has to just start using the software and we'll find out if it
can do heavy lifting, like saving actions and batch processing.

Asher