• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Slowly comes the winter...

Ossi Raimi

Here in southern Finland it's the time when fall slowly changes ... winter. I tried to catch my feeling (I'm not fall or winter people)

First it rains and rains.....

_medium.jpg

then it rains and rains, the trees are naked.... everything looks so sad.

_medium.jpg

and slowly rain turns ... we wake up and everything is covered by wet snow.

_medium.jpg

Thanks for looking and listening, C&C welcome.

janet Smith

pro member
then it rains and rains, the trees are naked.... everything looks so sad.

But your photographs are beautiful.... especially no's 2 & 3.

There is still beauty to be found, and all the leaf litter on the floor is food for next year's growth, no so sad eh!

Mike Shimwell

Ossi

This is a nice sequence and would reward extension into a longer set.

I am interested in your processing of the images - they have a very distinct look with a lot of 'separation' between the elements of each image. Could you explain how you achieve this effect?

Janet is right that the fallen leaves are a harbinger of enxt spring, but I understand how you feel as the winter darkness falls.

Mike

fahim mohammed

Ossi, a beautiful sequence of autumn nearing winter. we hardly get to see such colors.

Since snaps are a 'hot' topic on OPF, here is one of my snaps in Zurich last week, reflecting similar thoughts to yours.

p451348198.jpg

Regards.

Ruben Alfu

Hi Ossi, these are very creative and enjoyable pictures, love them. I think the subtle out of focus looks just right in the first two ones, for some reason I feel like the third one should have everything in perfect focus.

Sandra Jones

I enjoyed these pictures very much, Ossi. I share your pain re the approaching winter, but these beautiful images remind me there is something worth going out for.

Jameson Smith

Wonderful triptych Ossi. Tack sharp and very well composed. These would look wonderful in a natural wood frame and grouped together depict the beauty of change very well.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ossi, a beautiful sequence of autumn nearing winter. we hardly get to see such colors.

Since snaps are a 'hot' topic on OPF, here is one of my snaps in Zurich last week, reflecting similar thoughts to yours.

p451348198.jpg

Fahim,

In Ossi's series, the "fallen leaves and season changes" are the common concept.

This lake scene from Zurich is an interesting follow-on to the series from autumn to deep winter. Your picture not only has the color, but also levels of life, people by the water edge and then ducks on the water which means much more below them for food. I'd consider cropping just below the lowest duck.

Asher

Last edited: