• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Leaf in the Sand ((Khuri, Jaisalmer, India)

Arun Gaur

One of the 12 images in my series on “Leaf and the Sand” (Khuri, Jaisalmer, India) posted on 1st February, 2010.

Arun Gaur
http://tripolia-indianlandscapeimages.com

Leaf%20&%20the%20Sand-2_jpg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
One of the 12 images in my series on “Leaf and the Sand” (Khuri, Jaisalmer, India) posted on 1st February, 2010.

Arun Gaur

Leaf%20&%20the%20Sand-2_jpg.jpg

Arun,

I read your introduction to this series of photographs at your stop in the desert with your capable camel-driver. I hope you managed to get his photograph. Don't tell me you let him escape Scott-free! I rather think that the subject of your series might be more of the sand and shadows and marks than the leaves.

This one caught my eye

Leaf%20&%20the%20Sand-10_jpg.jpg

Arun Gaur: from the Leaf in the Sand series

I like the patterns on the sand. Are these from sidewinder snakes?

Asher

Arun Gaur

Asher
Individually a single photo of mine may not be of much interest. As I work normally in series, so a particular picture finds meaning only in that.

The shadows and shades are of leaves. So the title.

I did snap the camel-driver.

Though I am not an expert in the field, yet I am almost sure, the pattern is of the movement of small insects on the sand. I saw them coming out and disappearing. Also I saw the lizard quickly scurrying across.

Arun Gaur

Asher Kelman

Asher
Individually a single photo of mine may not be of much interest. As I work normally in series, so a particular picture finds meaning only in that.

The shadows and shades are of leaves. So the title.

I did snap the camel-driver.

Though I am not an expert in the field, yet I am almost sure, the pattern is of the movement of small insects on the sand. I saw them coming out and disappearing. Also I saw the lizard quickly scurrying across.

Arun Gaur
Well, Arun, where's that cook/guide, camel driver?

Asher

Arun Gaur

Asher
I am looking for a suitable picture of the camel-driver that can be posted. As soon as I find it, I would be able to post it.
Arun

Asher Kelman

Arun,

To get some relative idea of expense, what would you say the camel might be equivalent to in cost? Is that like the price of a Ford Pinto, a washing machine or what?

Also, the MPG, how much does a 20 mile journey cost?

Asher

Arun Gaur

Arun,

To get some relative idea of expense, what would you say the camel might be equivalent to in cost? Is that like the price of a Ford Pinto, a washing machine or what?

Also, the MPG, how much does a 20 mile journey cost?

Asher
What is the price of a Ford Pinto? What is MPG?
Arun

Asher Kelman

What is the price of a Ford Pinto? What is MPG?
Arun

I think the Chevrolet Cobalt would be a better example as the Pinto is in a stange status as being a valuable classic and also "the worst car ever built" categories, LOL!! The Chevrolet Cobalt is a 37 MPG vehicle and so it would cost about $2 to travel 20 miles. The car goes for about $14,000 and represents about 25% to 10% of the annual earnings of those who buy it new.

So how does that compare with ownership of a camel? I ask to get an idea of what proportion of a person's wealth and yearly earnings this mode of transportation might require.

Asher

Arun Gaur

I spent Rs. 600 for a 10 mile one day trip. Other estimates I would be sending on getting the information from my sources.
Arun