• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mallards

Steve Robinson

A couple of mallards shot today with a 1D2N and rented EF 400mm f/5.6L. Adjusted for lighting in LR3 Beta but sharpening left at default. As always C&C is welcome and appreciated.

790814814_xC8oZ-L.jpg

Steve Robinson - Mallard BIF

790814204_8SU92-L.jpg

Steve Robinson - Mallard Landing

790814915_SdwZz-XL.jpg

Steve Robinson - Mallard Drying Off

Wayne Stratton

Absolutely stunning! I just took some pictures today that I was going to post but after seeing this I probably wont. This is just fantastic! I just cant seem to get the razor sharp focus like that.

Absolutely stunning! I just took some pictures today that I was going to post but after seeing this I probably wont. This is just fantastic! I just cant seem to get the razor sharp focus like that.

Hi Wayne,

We are not in a contest for the sharpest pictures, but maybe we can help you in getting sharper pictures. Maybe it's a matter of shooting technique (very important with long focal lengths) or something as 'simple' as proper sharpening in post-processing, or both.

Cheers,
Bart

Wayne Stratton

Hi Wayne,

We are not in a contest for the sharpest pictures, but maybe we can help you in getting sharper pictures. Maybe it's a matter of shooting technique (very important with long focal lengths) or something as 'simple' as proper sharpening in post-processing, or both.

Cheers,
Bart

I apologize for coming across wrong Bart, I meant to imply how impressed I was and not that it was a contest. I have just posted my pics and am awaiting your advice as well as others.

Steve Robinson

Thanks Wayne and Bart. Please post your images Wayne. I'd love to see them and perhaps learn from them. This is what makes OPF such a great place to be. 8~D

I apologize for coming across wrong Bart, I meant to imply how impressed I was and not that it was a contest. I have just posted my pics and am awaiting your advice as well as others.

No need for an apology, I just wanted to express that there are maybe reasons for the difference is perceived sharpness. I apologize for giving the wrong impression. Language can lead to misunderstandings, especially when exchanging views in what's not my native language.

Cheers,
Bart