View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2011, 03:05 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

There's an error in the manual:

"At further distances, it is more important that your camera and lens be stable for minimizing parallax error."

This should be:

At closer distances correcting parallax error is far more critical than at longer distances. At longer distances, balancing the camera for and aft on the slide allows one to balance instead for the center of the mass to coincide with the center of a lll the axes as parallax issues are less important.

Asher

Disclosure: The little Epic I received from Gigapan in the early days for review and afterwards they did not request its return. The Epic 100 Gigapan I tested and then returned. The Gigapan Pro I received at the standard 50% special price offered to all Beta Testers of that unit. The RRS base for the Gigapan I received at 50% discount. Readers will judge whether or not I'm impartial.

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.