View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:35 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
I'm invited to tend a set of photographers works for an exhibit at which I'm a guest curator in a Los Angeles gallery later this year.
tend (v. t.) To make a tender of; to offer or tender.

I want to remind everyone, in case some missed the language above, "I'm invited to tend a set op photographer's works". That means that the collection would still have to be win its place for the exhibit. My plan is to assume we can do that. However, if not, then I am trying to have a backup plan based on the pictures submitted and the strength of the narrative that can be made to hold together the collection. Also, based on the collection quality, I will get expert opinions about when it might be opportune to initiate a permanent collection of OPF curated works.

I'm meeting this friday with the officials at the gallery so as to be in the very best position to submit our final collection. We've never done this before at OPF, so it's a learning experience for everyone. I also have to look at sources of funding as I can see all sorts of costs coming up from mailing to reprinting, matts, frames and more.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.