View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2017, 01:32 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Nagel View Post
Asher,

So you are OK with (citation from the previously linked text, emphasis added by me):
  • B&H promoted and compensated its Hispanic workers at a significantly lower rate than comparable white workers, leading to lower pay, fewer opportunities to advance and a near-total exclusion of Hispanic workers from higher level clerical, managerial and supervisory positions. Hispanic employees were also subjected to racist remarks, degrading comments and harassment at the worksite.

What about reading what's written without adding folklore? What you describe might be an explanation but not an excuse as you seem to color it!

I frankly don't care whatever the reason might be as it cannot diminish the result.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael,

You are right in calling me to task where I skip over important details. I stand corrected.

Still, I am not defending what B&H did wrong. That is fact. I am just observing the sociology behind it as it accounts in part for the behavior. I would be interested in learning the actual numbers of white workers, who were not Jewish and had some connection to the family, who got paid more than the Hispanic workers doing the same job.

Family businesses are run this way, whether it is Ford, Cadburies or DuPont. Jews, BTW are very rare in the utility companies, the automotive industry and DuPont. We are a segregated society that has a long way to go.

Birmingham England is far more integrated and with it!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.