Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Wildlife

Wildlife Any creature of the wild: in the air, sea, on safari or your backyard!.

Old December 27th, 2011, 09:52 AM

Default Canadian Bears

Hi here is another couple that was taken in Canada.

This one the Bear Cub run by me at about 6ft away, through the lens it looked like it was going to run up my leg.

This is mum standing on her back legs

And this is a strange sight a Brown Bear with a black cub.

We spent about the week with this family of bears at the end of the week they were quite use to us being there I was out the car sitting on the ground and the bears were about 15-20ft away.

Cheers Gordon
Old December 28th, 2011, 01:52 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Baird View Post
Hi here is another couple that was taken in Canada.

This one the Bear Cub run by me at about 6ft away, through the lens it looked like it was going to run up my leg.

Were you panning to the right or just flustered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Baird View Post
We spent about the week with this family of bears at the end of the week they were quite use to us being there I was out the car sitting on the ground and the bears were about 15-20ft away.

Cheers Gordon
Gordon,

It might not be so good for bears to be used to people. Then hunters shoot them or some bear has a bad day and goes for one of the campers!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.

Last edited by Asher Kelman; December 28th, 2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old December 28th, 2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post

Were you panning to the right or just flustered?

Gordon,

It might not be so good for bears to be used to people. Then hunters shoot them or some bear has a bad day and goes for one of the campers!

Asher

I now know this as I have posted on another site, and got a hard time about it.
The thing is we dont get many wild dangerous animals in Scotland, the only wild uncontrolable
animals here are our nextdoor neighbours and their dog's......