Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Digital Camera Discussion > Medium Format & Large Format Cameras > Shooting with a Hy6 with Leaf Aptus II 12

Old November 13th, 2011, 01:45 PM

Default desert portrait

With 80mm lens, f2.8, hand held at 1/15.

Graham Mitchell: Desert Portrait
Old November 13th, 2011, 01:56 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Excellent work, Graham. I like the diagonal composition of the sand dunes in the b.g. and the anchoring of his left elbow perfectly in the sand. This is a most unusual portrait and I hope we'll see more.

What about the blacks? Is there more detail in his hair and the collar of his shirt and his eyes. Also would it help to lighten around his eyes as they are shaded?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old November 13th, 2011, 02:45 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll leave it as is at the moment. On my monitor, there is plenty of detail in the black. I'll re-calibrate soon just as a precaution but I expect my monitor's still doing a decent job.
Old November 13th, 2011, 04:21 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll leave it as is at the moment. On my monitor, there is plenty of detail in the black. I'll re-calibrate soon just as a precaution but I expect my monitor's still doing a decent job.
Likely as not, your monitor is fine and the iMac screen is not good enough for the image. I'll look it at on an Eizo, but what counts, of course, is how it's prepared for printing.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old November 13th, 2011, 06:45 PM

WOW! Which desert it is?
Old November 13th, 2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Lee View Post
WOW! Which desert it is?
Somewhere between Dubai and Hatta.
Old November 14th, 2011, 04:26 AM

Graham, nice!!

I was wondering about the sand and the equipment.

Regards.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:32 PM

there must be a problem with my pc because I can't see the image. I went to your website and saw some of them finally! Great photos!