Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Breaking News

Breaking News Updates, innovations, equipment: moderated!

Old March 17th, 2014, 09:38 AM
pro member

Default X-Rite ColorTRUE introduced

Hi folks,

At last, a color management option for Tablets: ColorTRUE. It's available for IOS and Android devices.

Unfortunately my I1Pro is not (yet?) supported, so I cannot try it myself, but perhaps others with an I1Pro 2, I1Display Pro, or ColorMunki, can give feedback if and how it works in practice.

Cheers,
Bart
Old March 17th, 2014, 01:40 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart_van_der_Wolf View Post
Hi folks,

At last, a color management option for Tablets: ColorTRUE. It's available for IOS and Android devices.

Unfortunately my I1Pro is not (yet?) supported, so I cannot try it myself, but perhaps others with an I1Pro 2, I1Display Pro, or ColorMunki, can give feedback if and how it works in practice.
Bart,

I also have the I1Pro and really don't know what's deficient with it for us to get anything else. Or does it come into play with an Adobe RGB or larger Gamut? Still, to have calibrated color on a tablet is wonderful for doing tethered shooting.

It's going to be a very useful tool. I'd really love to be able to control lighting on a large tablet screen and that would be Nirvana! .but maybe someone will tell us that, "There's an app for that too!", LOL

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.