Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Digital Camera Discussion > Medium Format & Large Format Cameras > Shooting with a Pentax 645 Z MF camera

Shooting with a Pentax 645 Z MF camera Another experience with the Ricoh Pentax MF 51 Mpix flagship

Old November 23rd, 2017, 01:21 AM
Administrator/Moderator

Default A catamaran in the Balearic islands

The Lagoon 50 in Palma de Majorca, a shooting done last September.

Good morning!

Owners room with a view

Owners bathroom

VIP room with a view

Breakfast time
Old November 23rd, 2017, 01:21 AM
Administrator/Moderator

Dad ans son chatting in the main salon

Galley (Kitchen) with a view

Enjoy sailing!

Seen from above

Time for games!

Enjoying
Old November 23rd, 2017, 01:26 AM
Administrator/Moderator

Behind the scene, for such a shooting, a large crew is necessary!

Short brief in a "café" with Jose Maria (on the left) our helicopter pilot.
Romain is on the right.
This was really emotional because it was his last flight before retiring the day after…

Thank You Jose Maria, a beautiful flight!
Old November 23rd, 2017, 09:54 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Nicolas,

This is a dream. What a beautiful scene.

The boat in looks simple but in fact it's packed with the latest engineering, that is like meeting a flamingo dancer who happens to be an aerospace engineer and a French Chef too.

There is such a lot of intense knowledge and seafaring craft packed into this fun family boat!

Good morning!

To me this is such a grand team achievement and I am in awe of how it fitted together!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old November 24th, 2017, 03:30 AM
Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas Claris View Post
Behind the scene, for such a shooting, a large crew is necessary!

From left to right:

Bernard Stumpf : owner and skipper of the 50’ feet catamaran chase boat
Philippine : My Princess :) She works as model for many years now, but only for Romain and I Lovely, cute and very professional!
Romain : the videographer!
Julia Marié : Our model for this shoot
Sébastien Peyrefitte : Our model for this shoot (we’ve already shot a lot of boats with him, damned good guy!)
Olivier d’Enquin : Skipper of the Lagoon for this shoot (we’ve already shot a lot of boats with him, damned good guy!)
Louis : the brother of Philippine, same comments as for his sister
Loic Lagrange : Philippine’s and Louis’ father, crew of the Lagoon
Alexandre d’Auberville : Marketing Manager of Lagoon (and CNB). THE boss!
Christophe De Kerdrel : crew of the Lagoon
Cusina Stumpf : Our cook! Feeding 11 starving guys and gals, is not so easy, not to mention that timing is NEVER respected…

The main difficulty for the crew onboard the Lagoon is that we must not see them on the images!
So they have to trim the boat and then get hidden inside… And let the models acting as if thy were handling the boat.
Old November 24th, 2017, 10:31 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas Claris View Post

Breakfast time

This is a superb picture for so many reasons. The first is that it does the job, so well, of promoting the value of this boat! After all that's the purpose of the picture.

But there are not merely people posing. The family here are so real to us! This means meticulous focused effort in the choice of models, their personalities and relationships between everyone, a countless series of judgements that give rise to a genuine family vacation where we root for them and feel happy they are enjoying their vacation, all together, on this fabulous boat!

I love this work! If I were that sincere, smart and prepared when I met a beautiful women, she would fall at my feet in love! ❤️

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old November 25th, 2017, 02:20 AM
Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
[CENTER]
This is a superb picture for so many reasons. The first is that it does the job, so well, of promoting the value of this boat! After all that's the purpose of the picture.

But there are not merely people posing. The family here are so real to us! This means meticulous focused effort in the choice of models, their personalities and relationships between everyone, a countless series of judgements that give rise to a genuine family vacation where we root for them and feel happy they are enjoying their vacation, all together, on this fabulous boat!

I love this work! If I were that sincere, smart and prepared when I met a beautiful women, she would fall at my feet in love! ❤️
Thank you Asher!

Here, I'm doing commercial photography, not art!
Aka "Airstream Life" ; )

The goal is that people buy this boat!
I always explain to my customers, that in my opinion, the "product" is not the boat but what one does with it...

The English are used to saying that a boat is a big hole in the water to put all your money and go in an uncomfortable way somewhere where you have nothing to do ...

Cheers!