• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Don't mess with this bird

Doug Herr

pefalc13.jpg

Peregrine Falcon, Glenn County California 26 November 2017

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Doug,
I don't understand the title of the thread, but this image is really impressive… what a guy!
Apparently he (or she?) looks not happy to be photographed!
I would love to see more about this bird and even larger files to be even more impressed!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
pefalc13.jpg

Peregrine Falcon, Glenn County California 26 November 2017

These are efficient killers!

Rarely humans can get attacked, especially when encroaching on nests. I do t think there is much defense from claws until they are stuck in you, LOL!

What is interesting is the relative strength of these birds wings. An eagle, for example that grabs your back, can be overcome by falling to the ground and rolling on it. Large owls cannot be crushed like that as their chests are built much stronger.

I wonder how strong chest of the falcon is?

Asher

Doug Herr

Peregrine Falcons attack their prey by using their talons as battering rams; flying down from a great height the falcon's speed can be up to 240 miles/hr and balled-up talons pack a lethal punch.
pefalc14.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Peregrine Falcons attack their prey by using their talons as battering rams; flying down from a great height the falcon's speed can be up to 240 miles/hr and balled-up talons pack a lethal punch.
pefalc14.jpg

That, and this picture with outstretched wings are both amazing!

I appreciate so much you sharing so much!

Asher