• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Where to Traveler?

fahim mohammed

asked the voice.

The Magic Kingdom, I replied.

p3256183999-6.jpg

Bhutan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
asked the voice.

The Magic Kingdom, I replied.

p3256183999-6.jpg

Bhutan​

Oh, my goodness, Ayesha. I am so happy to see you at the top of the world surrounded by endless wonder!

I never see a picture of you and Fahim together. You need to trust a stranger with your camer!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher, thank you.

Fahim's health condition does not allow him to visit high altitudes. I have gone to the ER 2 times since my return. For edema in my feet, ankles and face due to the altitude. Not to mention the minor but painful injuries all over my body.

Fahim could not even stand arriving at Thimphu, Bhutan's capital. One the highest located capital's in the world at around 2400 mts.

As to the vessels on the ledges, I have no idea. They are shaped in the form of miniature stupas. I shall check and let you know.

p3257871085-6.jpg

Asher Kelman

Asher, thank you.

Fahim's health condition does not allow him to visit high altitudes. I have gone to the ER 2 times since my return. For edema in my feet, ankles and face due to the altitude. Not to mention the minor but painful injuries all over my body.

Then, (if your serum Albumin is normal, which no doubt it is), you should have a CT angio to check for your blood vessels and a cardiac echo as essentially you have given yourself a natural cardiac stress test as that edema means the circulation can’t pull the fluid out of your tissue because the heart is not removing venous return fast enough! I know you have the very best doctors. When I had my heart attack, I insisted, against the doctors objections that Wendy had those tests and they found blood vessel narrowing and she had a stent two days later too!

So I am concerned and grateful you tested your body at such a high altitude and discovered some apparent weakness points in your cardiovascular system. I don’t think I could survive in Machpichu or in Tibet, LOL, unless I had a portable oxygen tank!

Asher

Asher Kelman

This is a beautiful scene, Ayesha. But how do tourists from the west, who are used to being driven everywhere manage to breathe? Is it common for folk to artivecand just have to stay in the hotel and look out the window until the younger members of the family return?

p3257871085-6.jpg

I do. Or know whether I will have the fortune to see this with my own eyes, but it would be worth the effort!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

Beautiful shots.

Sorry to hear about your problems with the elevation.

Carla and I will have lunch Friday at about 2650 m. She has to take some papers to the high school in Cloudcroft, N.M. and then we'll have posole for supper at Big Daddy's Diner there.

By the way, the highest state capital in the US is Santa Fe, N.M., at about 2200 m.

Right now I'm only at 1395 m.

Take care of yourself.

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Thank you Asher.

Ayesha has gone to the hospital with your suggestion in hand!!

Tibet, Machu Picchu; you say, friend. Don't have to travel there, if it is not necessary. We bring it to you :)

p3260033361-6.jpg

p3260042676-6.jpg

Stay well.

Then, (if your serum Albumin is normal, which no doubt it is), you should have a CT angio to check for your blood vessels and a cardiac echo as essentially you have given yourself a natural cardiac stress test as that edema means the circulation can’t pull the fluid out of your tissue because the heart is not removing venous return fast enough! I know you have the very best doctors. When I had my heart attack, I insisted, against the doctors objections that Wendy had those tests and they found blood vessel narrowing and she had a stent two days later too!

So I am concerned and grateful you tested your body at such a high altitude and discovered some apparent weakness points in your cardiovascular system. I don’t think I could survive in Machpichu or in Tibet, LOL, unless I had a portable oxygen tank!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Hello Doug.

Thank you for the nice response.
My COPD starts impeding my breathing from about 1800 mts!

The capital ( the only international airport ) of Bhutan, Thimphu is located at that altitude and the town extends to over 2700 mts.

Fahim would need a Darth Vader mask just to land there!!

p3257873984-6.jpg

Best to Carla and yourself.

Hi, Fahim,

Beautiful shots.

Sorry to hear about your problems with the elevation.

Carla and I will have lunch Friday at about 2650 m. She has to take some papers to the high school in Cloudcroft, N.M. and then we'll have posole for supper at Big Daddy's Diner there.

By the way, the highest state capital in the US is Santa Fe, N.M., at about 2200 m.

Right now I'm only at 1395 m.

Take care of yourself.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Fahim and Ayesha,

We all look forward to your next set of travel images. Truly, a lot of us cannot make it to these important parts of human settlements in the mountains, steppes and clouds!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Fahim and Ayesha,

We all look forward to your next set of travel images. Truly, a lot of us cannot make it to these important parts of human settlements in the mountains, steppes and clouds!

Asher

Thank you Asher.

It is time to end this short journey, through images, of Bhutan.
We would like to thank all of you that have accompanied us here. And wish you safe stay and/or travels.

' Where to next, traveler? ', asked the familiar voice.
' Antartica ', I said.
' Is it cold out there? ', I asked.

' Tell you when we meet again, traveler '. The voice went silent.

p3260453850-5.jpg

I touched the prayer wheel.
Time to go to the airport and home.

Best wishes.