• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

G9 raw and CS2

Clayton Lofgren

I have no need for anything more elaborate than CS2, except that it won´t open the G9 raw files. I have downloaded a trial version of Elements 6 which has the converter, but am not impressed with the rest of the program. Also, I have not found a way to batch convert to dng in Elements, although it will to other formats. Anyone have a work around, or do I need to make another donation to Adobe?

John Sheehy

I have no need for anything more elaborate than CS2, except that it won´t open the G9 raw files. I have downloaded a trial version of Elements 6 which has the converter, but am not impressed with the rest of the program. Also, I have not found a way to batch convert to dng in Elements, although it will to other formats. Anyone have a work around, or do I need to make another donation to Adobe?

Download the DNG converter from Adobe (I don't know the link, I just find my way there when I need to). You want something called Camera Raw 4.2 or maybe it's a higher version now; get the package with the converter (the loader plugin is useless to you, as it only works in CS3).

Clayton Lofgren

Have made several atempts, but it seems that they have married the converter and camera raw. I have not found a way to run the converter standalone. It is advertised on the web page as a free utility, but the only download I find includes Camera Raw 4.3

Diane Fields

Finaly have the converter running standalone. Unfortunately it works with my old Minolta raws, but does not with the G9 files.

The dng converter will work with the G9 files--there are a number of people using it with PSCS2 on the dpreview.com Canon forum. If I can find the link to the person that posted a tute about how to use the dng forum I will post it here.

Here is the link. http://www.barrypearson.co.uk/articles/dng/ps_cs.htm

Diane

I have no need for anything more elaborate than CS2, except that it won´t open the G9 raw files.

If you would prefer to not convert your images beforehand, you might try Bibble. We have a Photoshop plug-in that works with Photoshop version 7 and later and our test version supports the G9.
The test version is in its third round of testing, so we hope this is the one that's going out the door. It should be officially released within a few days if you would rather wait. We have a few tutorial videos in our Learning Center if you'd like to see how Bibble works without installing it. They don't show the Photoshop plug-in that is included with the stand alone application, but the plug-in has the same interface without the parts that handle multiple files (batch processing thumbnail browser, etc.) so the videos might still be helpful.

-Colleen

Clayton Lofgren

puzzles

After many attempts, I uninstalled the trial version of Elements 6 and was then able to download the converter without problem. Strange things happen.