• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

PTLens now available for Lightroom and Aperture

Andrew Rodney

But you realize this is NOT happening in the Raw processing engine, its happening on the rendered data. All such Aperture plug-in's render first, then process (as you can currently do in Photoshop).

Michael Fontana

pro member
Andrew
any sources for that?
I discussed this - in/outside the RAWpipeline - with a friend, and we didn't came to a real conclusion.

Andrew Rodney

Andrew
any sources for that?
I discussed this - in/outside the RAWpipeline - with a friend, and we didn't came to a real conclusion.

Its absolutely outside the Raw pipeline. Apple isn't making this a well known fact, but a fact it is.

This was also discussed on the Lightroom beta forums. As far as I know, the only Raw converter doing this right is Bibble. The stuff they license is handling this within their pipeline.