• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mac OS Leopard Software Updates

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
MacLinkPlus 16 November 4th 2007

"First and only solution" to view and translate Microsoft Office 2007 files on a Macintosh (.docx and .xlsx file formats) Purchase or upgrade today and receive icWord & IcExcel FREE!!! (A $29.99 value)
Translates single files or batches while maintaining file formatting such as bold, italics, underline, tables and graphics. The software includes New Translators for

1. Word 2007 for Windows (read only*)
  2. Excel 2007 for Windows (read only*)
  3. WordPerfect X3 (13)

icWord and icExcel
Included free and fully integrated with MacLinkPlus Deluxe for quick and easy viewing of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AppleWorks, ClarisWorks files without having to own or install the original application.
Other recently added features:

Includes a vast library of translators so that you can open, view, print and convert word processing, spreadsheet, database and compressed files with ease.

Enhanced graphic translators to convert PhotoShop files and other graphic formats such as png, psd, tiff, gif, jpeg, bmp and more.

Easily extract text-based PDF files into a word processing format. No more re-typing.
Convert your word processing and even PDF files to text and send them to your iPod.

More information here

Epson Temporary Drivers for the 3800 and more.

"Just to let you all know that Epson have released some temporary drivers for Leopard for printers such as the 3800. They're compatible, but not fully functional. They don't say what isn't possible.

Full versions will be released in December or February, depending on the printer model." See Epson Download site. (Source Tim Armes)

Last edited:

Andrew Stannard

pro member
I'm not a Mac user myself, but I understand that Lightroom is not yet compatible with Leopard.

Well, it sounds as if the wait for that to be fixed might not be too long. This is a quote from the news page on the Luminous-Landscape site....

...but be warned that if you are a Lightroom user you do not want to upgrade to Leopard until the next release comes out later this month...