• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rob Galbraith reports on whispers of new 1D autofocus fix

Steve Saunders

I agree about the way Canon responded to this. But it seems that all the fixes so far have just been guessed at, which makes me glad I didn't yet send my two MkIII's back just yet.

John_Nevill

As a locked in Canon user from an investment POV, I agree in the context of fixing potentially 45k units and offering to extend warranties with a free CF card throw in.

Furthermore, Canon have kept things very quiet, so one has to applaud their abstinence.

Bottom line, Nikon are on their heels and they need to respond for fear of market share.

It's predicted that dSLR sales are slowing down, so let's hope a full and final fix to the whole 1DMkIII saga will gain them ground. Perhaps even an early MkIV will help in this sense, although this may upset MkIII owners.

Surprisingly, I've been looking at pocketable digicam and threw my Canon loyalty out of the window in favour of a Ricoh, but that's another story.

Last edited: