• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lightroom won't export files

Jeremy Jachym

pro member
I'm not quite sure what I did to upset LR, but at the moment no matter what I try it won't export files.

I updated to 1.4.1 and no change. I deleted and re-imported the files and no change. I ran disk utility, no change. Any clues?

JJ

Alan Cole

Jeremy,

We probably need a bit more information to maybe give you some clues for a possible solution.

How far into the Export procedure does Lightroom allow you to go? Can you get past the initial Export window that appears?

Have you tried other Export options in the File Menu - Export with Preset, or Export as Catalogue to see whether these are operational?

Another way to see if the program will get photos out of it may be to try using "Edit in another program" (eg Photoshop, Noise Ninja) in the Photo Menu.

Your problem sounds mysterious, hope you can get it solved.

Alan Cole

Jeremy Jachym

pro member
In the end I had to remove Lightroom entirely from my hard drive and reinstall. It's working fine now. The technical support guy said I might have had something to do with Google Earth? Thank you.

JJ

Alan Cole

Glad to hear it's fixed Jeremy. Google Earth is great to explore but if it could interfere with Lightroom I'm going to steer well clear.

Alan