• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Three Western USA workshops: "Najavoland" and "Capture more Light"

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Three Western USA workshops: "Najavoland" and "Capture more Light"

I'm happy to point to these upcoming workshops. I have no commercial stake in what I recommend, I just am choosing courses that I believe you might enjoy. I also know the course directors are good teachers, I've seen them work and that's why I have faith you will enjoy these opportunities. These are small groups, so if you are interested, look into this ASAP. Some have only a few places open.

1. Moab (Arches and Canyonlands National Parks): Guy Mancuso and Jack Flesher in Moab, February 6th through 9th!

delicate_arch_sm.jpg

Photo Jack Flesher ©

Moab in February can be a phenomenal photographic experience; often you'll get a light dusting of snow outlining the red rock structures, which coupled with the lower sun angles makes for excellent photographic opportunities! Dates are Feb 6th through 9th and cost is $1395. Workshop is limited to 12 participants to allow for ample one-on-one time with the instructors. *Currently 3 spaces remain available. Complete details can be found here .

2. "Capture more Light": Uwe Steinmueller with Brad Polt-Jones, Bettina Steinmueller Feb 9-10 and March 15-16, 2008 in urban setting of San Francisco, California

07061d3_0474_5_6.jpg

Photo Uwe & Bettina Steimuleller ©

Uwe once again leads these interesting sessions, aptly-named "Future Light Digital Workshops" at
2001 Bryant Street, San Francisco, CA 94110 (415) 282-5320

Uwe for starters is a fine teacher. Unlike some reviewers, he actually does use the software he teaches. This appears to be a great way to integrate cutting edge tools to bring out the creative possibilities from the RAW file. Yes, the data is there but how can one best utilize tone mapping, HDR and other smart software in a creative workflow? This workshop teaches all the ins and outs of handling a higher dynamic range and of course also the limitations of this technique. The contents is the result of extensive practical work photographing urban scenes.

Further details are found here .

2. Navajoland: Alain and Natalie Briot April 2008

Tsegi-storm-print.jpg

Photo Alain Briot ©

Join Alain and Natalie Briot in Navajoland this April for the Spring 2008 Navajoland Workshop. ALain and Natalie lived in Canyon de Chelly for 7 years and know the area intimately. They will introduce you to the beauty of Navajoland. You'll explore the unique landscape of Canyon de Chelly, Monument Valley and many other locations. This five day field workshop is open to photographers of all levels of experience, using film or digital. Alain is very experienced in using and teaching both digital and film photography, so bring your camera of choice. Visit this link to read a detailed description of the Navajoland workshop. If you mention this notice you will receive $100 discount as an OPF member.

Last edited: