• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Primordial splendor

ashik ikbal

300 years old Mandir (prayer hall for the Hindu Religion) near Rajshahi, Bangladesh. Richly carved with terracotta motifs

DSCF2848.jpg

fahim mohammed

Hello Ashik,

First and foremost my apologies for not having commented on your pic, which has been viewed 173 times
by OPFers prior to this post of mine.

The theme you have selected to show us is a very rich, and to me personally a very interesting, one.

Now to your picture. In the bright of the bangladesh sun, the contrast range far exceeds the capabilities of digital sensors. So to bring these under control, either use GND filters, or do as I try to do sometimes,
shoot when the light is more manageable. bright sunlight also robs the saturation in your pictures.
early morning, late afternoons etc.

Direction of light is important. Just a suggestion, low late afternoon sun hitting the entrance of the temple would wash the whole surface with golden light and enhance your pic.

You allude to the 300 years old teracotta ( spelling! ) motifs, but we see just a glimpse of them. If that is the case, close in on those. Let us see them in their glory to fully appreciate them.

I am not good at wide angles ( not to say I am good at others ! ), but I prefer to get in close. I know it is a temple because you told us so. Make your picture show this to us without ambiguity.

I happened to be near a temple and not being able to shoot wide, I decided to concentrate on something I have found in Hindu temples all over...bells. here is my attempt to close into a subject, try to tame the harsh morning sun, and focus attention on one article in a Hindu temple.

p801763499.jpg

p880186909.jpg

These are just meant to illustrate what I have talked about above.

Hope this helps a little. Remember, I too am learning. Let's learn together.

Best.

fahim mohammed

Welcome back Ashik. Must have been very busy ( LOL )!

Yes, now I can see the intricate working s on the temple.

Thank you.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
DSCF2844.jpg

DSCF2826.jpg

DSCF2822.jpg

DSCF2862.jpg

Ashik,

So pleased to see this follow up! The detail of the terra cotta is remarkable. Thanks for sharing. do you have an English reference to the stories behind the symbols?

Asher