• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

[VIS, UV] BBC2 series "HOW TO GROW A PLANET"

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Here teh broadcast card from that forthcoming 3x 60min BBC TWO series "HOW TO GROW A PLANET", previous working title "Green Planet",
which has been produced by BBC Scotland and will be presented by Professor Iain Stewart.

large.jpg

(c) BBC​

My contribution will be shown in the "The Power of Flowers" episode 2 on Feb 14, 2012 9pm. So what you'll see will be some
of my recent UV work, for instance Rudbeckia

large.jpg

as well as Hemerocallis, Zinna and Bidens, just to name some.

The series will be broadcast at 9pm GMT on BBC2 (and BBC HD) on Tuesdays 7, 14 and 21 February 2012 in the UK (Fridays in Scotland)
and will also be made available for watching on BBC's iPlayer a bit later.

The official BBC episode list is here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01c6c2b/episodes/guide

So episode 1 "Life from Light" will be on air TONITE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Kanssen

Congratulations Klaus, I'm sure it will be up to the standard of your work I've seen elsewhere!
Shame I missed it, though I might still be able to get the last episode on i-player (they normaly only have things available for 10 days IIRC)
Mike

Thanks guys, appreciate your words. It might come out as DVD, usually BBC does that with all their series.

Hi Klaus,

I also enjoyed watching the series. It's always nice to see quality series, like this one from the BBC, that focuses on the history of our planet from one particular perspective, as in this case mainly plants. The UV signature as a strategy to attract insects was well illustrated in part 2, thanks to your input.

Cheers,
Bart