• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: The "Widow Maker" defeated!

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Asher,

You've given me the scare of my life. What would we do without you? I'm so glad to read that all has gone well eventually. Take good care of yourself and take even better care of Wendy. She's an angel.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Asher,

You've given me the scare of my life. What would we do without you? I'm so glad to read that all has gone well eventually. Take good care of yourself and take even better care of Wendy. She's an angel.

Cem,

The portal did not close! That's pretty damn fortunate! It's thrilling to have you hear and to look to future evolution of your photography. You work to date is worthy of attention and wide interest and I am great fan!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher

Who else is gonna damn the torpedoes full speed ahead! Stay well.

Charlotte-

Exactly, Charlotte,

When one has a lot to live for one must strive a lot to live to the edges of the fabric of possibilities!

Your work and everyone else here provides a load of fabric for our respective choices!

Asher

Been away, didn't realize your narrow escape!

Hi, Asher. I dropped in this morning and was surprised to hear of your close call. Good work! Keep it up, but with an extra amount of scrutiny. I'm sorry that my daughter didn't take the opportunity to meet you when she came through a summer back, but she is now working for all of us an an unnamed Israeli defense organization, going toe to toe against Iranian hackers. (That's only speculation, we know nothing about what she now does.) Hope to get a chance to see you one of these days. Still photographing, also working on regaining my instrument pilot competency after many years on the ground.

best,

scott

Asher Kelman

Hi, Asher. I dropped in this morning and was surprised to hear of your close call. Good work! Keep it up, but with an extra amount of scrutiny. I'm sorry that my daughter didn't take the opportunity to meet you when she came through a summer back, but she is now working for all of us an an unnamed Israeli defense organization, going toe to toe against Iranian hackers. (That's only speculation, we know nothing about what she now does.) Hope to get a chance to see you one of these days. Still photographing, also working on regaining my instrument pilot competency after many years on the ground.

best,

scott

Scott,

Thanks for your kind words.

I have watched your lovely family grow from little kids. It has been some time. I would love to have updates! You are a most valued member of OPF and I really enjoy your news as you come to refresh connections here, every so often.

Come on the tour bus for longer rides!

Asher

Andy brown

Asher, it confuses me somewhat that we don't seem to gather many new members.
And I'm always pleased to see old faces dropping in (I can say that now, I've been around for 8 years now...almost a local).
I have to admit there are times when I get a little disappointed, mostly due to the fact that I'm often active when the rest of the world is asleep and I crave a bit of real time back and forth and banter.
Sometimes I wonder why I post images here at all but it is my place, my only place and I know that the members here are all intelligent people and understand where each other's motivations stem from for the most part.

It's a great Tour bus as you describe it and the views are unbelievably good. When I am literally in tour buses (rarely, I like to travel to my own rhythm), I do keep a sly eye on the driver... more than once I've had to give them a yip to avoid catastrophe. You're still doing fine old boy.

Keep on pointing out points of interest as well as throwing in a slice of local knowledge and good humour.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Andy,

Asher, it confuses me somewhat that we don't seem to gather many new members.
And I'm always pleased to see old faces dropping in (I can say that now, I've been around for 8 years now...almost a local).
I have to admit there are times when I get a little disappointed, mostly due to the fact that I'm often active when the rest of the world is asleep and I crave a bit of real time back and forth and banter.
Sometimes I wonder why I post images here at all but it is my place, my only place and I know that the members here are all intelligent people and understand where each other's motivations stem from for the most part.

It's a great Tour bus as you describe it and the views are unbelievably good. When I am literally in tour buses (rarely, I like to travel to my own rhythm), I do keep a sly eye on the driver... more than once I've had to give them a yip to avoid catastrophe. You're still doing fine old boy.

Keep on pointing out points of interest as well as throwing in a slice of local knowledge and good humour.

Thank you so much for all that.

Best regards,

Doug

Glad to hear you're doing well

Asher, sorry for the late comment, I haven't visited for a while and was glad to read the happy ending to this scary story. My dad went through the same thing (not the neglect in the hospital) with stents giving him a new lease on life. Sounds like you have many happy years ahead thanks to your determined wife.

I also appreciate your life philosophy, which you embody in this web site and your work on it. Thanks for such a great example.

Asher Kelman

Asher, sorry for the late comment, I haven't visited for a while and was glad to read the happy ending to this scary story. My dad went through the same thing (not the neglect in the hospital) with stents giving him a new lease on life. Sounds like you have many happy years ahead thanks to your determined wife.

I also appreciate your life philosophy, which you embody in this web site and your work on it. Thanks for such a great example.

Jim,

Great to have you stop by. It's really kind works you bring and much appreciated. These stents are amazing.....as long as they don't get blocked by cells proliferating at the openings. Mine has chemicals constantly leaking to break the cell division cycle and protect the harbor mouths, so to speak!

Sometimes I think they should do this AND add a grafted blood vessel parallel to it........just in case!

Can't fathom why we don't have two hearts in the first place as we have two of almost everything else.

Hmm, now would t that be fun too!

Asher