• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Optimize this! Help me show my afternoon visitor off to her best advantage!

Mary Bull

This afternoon I took this picture of a little cat that wanders the neighborhood and visits in my yard from time to time. Used RAW, with settings in P. Four feet away was about as close as she would allow me to approach.

This is the jpeg that LightZone made from the frame, downsized 50 per cent, but otherwise unmanipulated.

257812341_92a1395ffd.jpg

RAW files are available, if anyone would like to use them.

Mary

Bev Sampson

Mary, what a beautiful siamese cat. I hope it is not a stray but then he/she does not look to be undernourished and the coat is good. You have captured very realistic colors of a siamese. The blue in his/her eyes shows up nicely. If only you could have got down lower to take the picture so that you were more on a level with the cat and if you could have got it to look up by moving your hand up or waving a piece of string higher than it's head to show it's features and those beautiful blue eyes.

Bev

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Great point!

No different than humans, a cat is made more important if you shoot on or below their level!

Asher

Mary Bull

Bev Sampson said:
Mary, what a beautiful siamese cat. I hope it is not a stray but then he/she does not look to be undernourished and the coat is good.
I think she has an owner who lives around here. She has been turning up every month or so since last spring. I am careful not to feed her or encourage her too much. My own two indoor cats are about all the responsibility I need.
You have captured very realistic colors of a siamese. The blue in his/her eyes shows up nicely. If only you could have got down lower to take the picture so that you were more on a level with the cat and if you could have got it to look up by moving your hand up or waving a piece of string higher than it's head to show it's features and those beautiful blue eyes.
I will keep those good points of advice in mind. She is very skittish of me. I was almost in the position of photographing an animal in the wild. Sort of like my dawn rabbit. Come to think of it, her flight distance was about the same number of feet between us as the bunny's.

I appreciate very much your comment, Bev, and Asher's below it, agreeing with you. It's exactly the sort of input I was looking for.

Now, would you crop it or make any other enhancements, if it were your pic?

Or, can it stand as is, and I should just make better friends with my little visitor, in order to shoot from an optimized angle?

Mary