• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Australian Landscape Photographer Peter Lik to be on Weather Channel show

Don Ferguson Jr.

Australian Landscape Photographer Peter Lik Sells Photo for $1 Million :)

http://www.petapixel.com/2011/01/13...ographer-peter-lik-sells-photo-for-1-million/
He is having a show on the Weather Channel this Thursday at 8:00pm should be very interesting.

The Weather Channel® Companies (TWCC) today announced that award-winning master photographer Peter Lik will be joining the network, starring in a half-hour action adventure nature series titled "From the Edge with Peter Lik" slated to debut March 31 at 8 p.m. ET. He will also serve as a special contributor for the network, providing segments from his frequent travels to weather-impacted locales. Lik, a native of Melbourne, Australia, is one of the most awarded and collected fine art photographers in the world and is internationally acclaimed for his panoramic landscape photography that frequently highlights weather's impact.

http://press.weather.com/press_detail.asp?id=321

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Don,

What a great link you provide. I shamefacedly admit to never having heard of him before! Allow me to put more details of your find online right here! So this s that ephemeral picture:

one.jpg

Peter Lik: “One”,

Banks of the Androscoggin River in New Hampshire after dawn.

"Peter Lik, a self-taught Australian landscape photographer, has sold one of his photographs for a whopping $1 million to an anonymous private art collector. The photograph, titled “One”, was shot on the banks of the Androscoggin River in New Hampshire just after dawn. Only one print of the photo will ever be produced. Lik states, I will never forget this morning for the rest of my life. It was calm, and the scent of the fall forest filled my lungs. The mist cleared, and a magical reflection in the river briefly appeared. White birch trees, black trunks, a kaleidoscope of foliage combining to reveal an illusion of three dimensions. I pressed the shutter – once – and then the scene vanished with the morning breeze, never to be seen again.” Source

Fascinating story! I'd love to see the print.

Read more here on the broadcasts.

"
Peter’s new TV series will premiere on Thursday, March 31 on The Weather Channel. Called “From the Edge with Peter Lik,” the reality-adventure show will screen each Thursday at 8p.m.

“It’s been a lot of work,” said the Master Photographer. “But now we have an official date and I’m glad we can tell everyone. I’m just stoked!”

Each week, viewers will see Peter visit a different location around the United States and its territories in search of landscape photos like they’ve never seen before. He’ll take on the elements, visit near-inaccessible places, and risk life and limb, all in the name of “getting the shot.”

In coming weeks Peter will be doing considerable promotional work, including appearances on TV talk shows. Stay tuned for details as they come to hand.

So join the hunt for the perfect shot. “From the Edge with Peter Lik.” Every Thursday night 8p.m. E/P, starting March 31, only on The Weather Channel."

So for us n California it's going to be tomorrow at 5pm!

Asher