• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Goal Keeper Shot

Hello everyone,

I've been really busy shooting sports almost everyday that I have not had time to process or post anything. This is one that caught my eye as I was doing a back up of the pics. Comments critiques welcome.

MG_0038.jpg

--William

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
William, great catch.

You made her famly's day.

Was this with the 300 2.8 or the 70-200?

Do you ever change lenses or is that the one lens you use.

Asher

BTW, suggest putting the lenses in your "Interests" in your profile so the inventory is not availble for thieves. We don't allow unregistered to view your profile.

William, great catch.

Thanks!

You made her famly's day.
They have not seen the pic yet but I'm sure they'll like it, I hope.

Was this with the 300 2.8 or the 70-200?
This was shot with 300 F2.8 wide open.

Do you ever change lenses or is that the one lens you use.

Asher

Well, I borrowed a friend's 20D so I'm using two bodies. One with the 300mm F2.8 and one with the 70-200mm F2.8 and switch back and forth as I need to. This was my first game shooting with both bodies so I'm stll trying to figure out when to switch cameras etc. And I think that eventually I'll buy a second body, maybe when Canon releases the new models, I'll probably go for a Mark II.

BTW, suggest putting the lenses in your "Interests" in your profile so the inventory is not availble for thieves. We don't allow unregistered to view your profile.

Thanks for the heads up.

--William

Nill Toulme

Nice shot William.

I shoot soccer with two bodies only very rarely. About the only time I do is for the playoffs when I want to catch more of the "action" on the sideline and in the stands. For ordinary matches I haven't found it necessary or even useful; in fact it tends more to just get it the way.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Nice shot William.

Thanks! :)

I shoot soccer with two bodies only very rarely. About the only time I do is for the playoffs when I want to catch more of the "action" on the sideline and in the stands. For ordinary matches I haven't found it necessary or even useful; in fact it tends more to just get it the way.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Nill, I was just going for a test drive using two bodies, it was fun!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
William,

With the 1.6 factor and a 300mm lens that shot is pretty wide, maybe ~8ft! Where were you?

Asher