• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Anyone for Cricket ??

Barry Johnston

These are a few I took this weekend. Local sides, Eltham Collegians 1st XI Vs Whittlesea 1st's.

The run-out !!

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Have a few more in the next thread.

Regards,
Barry

Barry Johnston

Lenses....

Hi Jan,
Thanks for your comment. I apologise, I should have mentioned the lenses in the original thread.

I used a EF 300 f/2.8 + TC1.4X converter at f/4. It is a great combo and image quality is incredible. I am however shopping for the 400 2.8 as I find the focal length of the 300 just not long enough, hence the 1.4xTC. Hopefully I will find one soon....nice to get one before Christmas.....he,he!!

Regards,
B.

Nill Toulme

Nice, especially the last. But I don't get it — how come the guy who's armed with the bat has pads and helmet, while the guy who appears to be getting swacked does not??? Is that an English thing that harks back to the guys on horseback with swords and armor and whatnot riding down the poor yokels on the ground armed only with staffs? ;-)

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Barry Johnston

Good Point !!

Good Point Nill,

Well, the reason they wear shin guards is because of the bad language I think. Normally players get sent off the field for swearing (remember, this is a gentlemans game), so they have to wear these to prevent the bad language and abuse at the bowler. When a ball slightly harder than a rough diamond and is being thrown at close to 100mph, it really hurts when it hits you and players are constantly being sent of for using foul language; Rest assured though, every single (and married :) player is wearing protection that protects their most important assets.

The 'yellow thing' (cone) marks the boundary of the oval.

I apologise again for not documenting the EXIF info before.

Camera body: EOS-1D MkII N

Image 1: ISO200 - 1/5000 @ f/4 AP (-0.7 step) Evaluative Metering
Image 2: ISO200 - 1/5000 @ f/4 AP (-0.7 step) "
Image 3: ISO200 - 1/6400 @ f/4 AP (-0.7 step) "
Image 3: ISO200 - 1/6400 @ f/4 AP (-0.7 step) "

Image 5: ISO200 - 1/6400 @ f/4 AP (-0.7 step) "
Image 6: ISO200 - 1/6400 @ f/4 AP (-0.7 step) "
Image 7: ISO200 - 1/6400 @ f/4 AP (-0.7 step) "
Image 8: ISO100 - 1/1250 @ f/4 AP (-0.3 step) " (you can see slight movement in ball with slower shutter speed)

Notes: Used tripod and manually focused with remote shutter 4 or 5 frames at a time.
The hardest thing is to know where on the boundary to shoot from. They bat from different sides every over (6 balls) and also depends on whether batsman is left or right handed, and you never know where he is going to hit the ball.... it's a mugs game really !!

Hope this helps.

Barry.

Ray West

Hi Nil,

Especially for you, (well someone would have to post it...

Rules of Cricket

1. There are two teams. One out, one in.
2. The team that's out try to get the player that's in, out.
3. When they do get him out, he goes in.
4. Then the next player goes out. As long as he's out, he's in.
5. The object is then for the team that's out to get the second player out. When they get him out, he goes in.
6. This process is repeated for each innings until the team that's out gets the team that's in all out.
7. When the whole team is out, the team that was in goes out, and the team that was out goes in.
8. Then they play a second innings until they're all out.
Except one player. He remains not out.

Best wishes,

Ray

Shane Carter

Nice shooting! Exposures and color spot on. Like the last one most. The neg space works and I like the more straight on angle. Great stuff!