• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Anzeiger-Hochhaus

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Michael,

Your post not only delivers a wonderfully attractive and rich image, but it also is educational covering so much more than the Brick Expressionism of the building itself. One has to add the layers made by the neon signs on the building as well as the light illuminating at an angle the parked deserted meeting of riderless bicycles.

Although the picture is empty of human figures, there's a lot of stories to be discovered of all the people behind the facades and who left the streets earlier and who will return later on.

This is still and peaceful but very much alive.

I do hope that you have also visited during the day. I'd like to see more of this place.

Asher

Michael Nagel

Asher,

Thanks. The buiding - built in 1928 - survived WWII without much damage and was the starting point for two important German magazines - 'Der Spiegel' and 'Stern'. which were both founded in this building.

For the moment one more night view:

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks, Michael!

How long have they had the lights on the facade? That was occurring in the 50's already.

Asher

Michael Nagel

James,

Nice night time image but the bicycles receive too much attention because of the depth. I think it would be a stronger image by placing the bold horizontal street line lower in the frame. IMHO
Thanks for passing by.
This building dominates the place you see in front of it, the reflection of blue light is one element underlining this.
For me this context is important. Reducing the picture to the building view removes a lot of the atmosphere and context.

Your view might be different, the bicycles might attract my view for a moment, but the pool of light leads it to the building where it remains.

Best regards,
Michael