• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Doesn't Snow Here.

Helene Anderson

Not an area known for snow, each year it snow and each year people are surprised. Funny creature humans. So, I went out (any Canadians here are going to be in hysterics at the level of snow that can create havoc here) .

Nothing special, just a few shots of here.

001A-Copie.jpg

Road leading south out of the town.

004A-Copie.jpg

Les Halles (those flakes got mighty close).

006A-Copie.jpg

The College.

Bob Latham

......any Canadians here are going to be in hysterics at the level of snow that can create havoc here....

Little more than 8Km's down the road and "havoc" was indeed created. Five minutes before kick-off for the big game is not the ideal time to discover that 5cm of snow on a satellite receiver's LNB is a bad thing.

Chilly of Voulon

Helene Anderson

Thanks Mike, I did stand there for few minutes (and no longer, it was cold!!!!! )wondering about the lamp on the left, thought it looked a bit Dickensian so kept it in.

Jerome Marot

The college is indeed very nice. Very typical of local architecture. I also like Les Halles.

Having lived in that part of France, I know how much chaos a little bit of snow can bring. It does not snow eachyear, actually. More like every second year.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
When looking for an apartment or house in Boston, a consideration was always parking and what would happen when it snowed. A car could get plowed and frozen in ice for months! Here in Southern California we visit snow in Mammoth and the like and then come back to balmy temperate weather.

001A-Copie.jpg

Road leading south out of the town.

004A-Copie.jpg

Les Halles (those flakes got mighty close).

006A-Copie.jpg

The College.

Your pictures bring back memories of Boston, bundling the kids up in layers of clothes, getting the snow blower going to clear the driveway and some of the street and taking the kids off to skiing!

Your snow blankets are serene. I remember Cem posted pics from Holland of a multitude of happy enthusiastic people skating/skiing on a frozen river. Of course, we have neither here in L.A. Yes, I am nostalgic for such winter scenes. The nearest we have is the reluctant drop of leaves from some of our trees!

Asher

Helene Anderson

I hope the memories of Boston are happy ones Asher. I have a (small) advantage in that this is a (albeit small) town so the nearest superette is only a few metres from me, I can walk there to buy essentials if ever the weather is bad or am unwell or what ever. There are those who live out in the wilds that are stuck in such conditions.