• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flat screen monitor recommendations

Doug Kerr

Well, this isn't about printing, but this might be as good a place to put this as any.

For a couple of years, I have been using a ViewSonic VX20354wm LCD flat-screen monitor on my main workstation. I have it profiled by way of a Spyder running under OptiCal. Its native resolution is 1680 x 1050 px (and I run my display system at that).

But I have the feeling that its color rendition isn't really up to snuff.

I'd like to hear of others' experiences with flat-screen monitors for photographic work, and any recommendations you might have in that area.

The platform here is Windows XP Pro (SP3 at the moment).

Thanks.

Nill Toulme

NEC **90uxi series. Top quality at reasonable price points. 12-bit internal LUTs, and excellent calibration software that addresses them directly.

Nill

Rhys Sage

pro member
We have several monitors and they are all different. I don't think there is such a thing as an accurate monitor. Before I bought my Macbook, my most accurate monitor was on my Compaq laptop.