• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tsunami Warning For Anyone Whos Not Seen The News

ErikJonas

Banned
Chili has had a 8.0 Earth quake....If you live near or on the Northwest coast of the US Washington,Oregon or California be advised of a in coming Tsunami....Hawaii is evacuating...Impact time estimated at 11:00....If you know of anyone in these areas who not likely to watch the news you might call them.

Many other areas are in the path of the Tsunami you might want to warn someone by calling them this is why i posted this..

This Earth Quake is said to be much much more powerful then the Haiti one....

Chili has had a 8.0 Earth quake....If you live near or on the Northwest coast of the US Washington,Oregon or California be advised of a in coming Tsunami....Hawaii is evacuating...Impact time estimated at 11:00....If you know of anyone in these areas who not likely to watch the news you might call them.

Many other areas are in the path of the Tsunami you might want to warn someone by calling them this is why i posted this..

This Earth Quake is said to be much much more powerful then the Haiti one....

Hi Erik,

The Tsunami warnings are a precaution, nobody can tell for sure how much of an effect it will have at long distances.

The magnitude 8.8 earth quake in Chili is something like 63 times more powerful than the magnitude 7.0 one in Haiti (on CNN they said a thousand times, but I'm not sure about that number), but the Haiti one's epicentre was near the land surface in a rural center, while the one in Chili was 35 Km or 21.75 miles deep in the ocean. So they are difficult to compare. Buildings in Chili are generally also of better quality to withstand quakes (which are common there), but this one was exceptionally strong.

Cheers,
Bart

ErikJonas

Banned
Hi Bart...In 1960 a quake in Chili sent a Tsunami to Hawaii that killed over 60 people...8.8 yes i first heard 8.0 but was changed to 8.8....122 dead and that number continues to increase.