• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

orange and blue

Andy brown

I dunno, I'm colourblind but I think I'm close.

DSC_5991%20p%20screen%20size_zps8g5unwjb.jpg

I know I've done similar stuff before but I'm just going through some holiday snaps and having some fun.

Andy brown

Oh yeah, nicely done!

Have you given any thought to creating video abstracts of water, Andy?

Thanks Tom.

Yes, I've given it some thought but I need to feel like I'm mastering one process before chucking myself into another (silly really, 'cos I'm sure there would be benefits for my understanding of stills but for now, me equipment and knowledge are stretched far enough).

I'm constantly fascinated by the ability of photography to freeze moving moments and movements.
It pushes my brain to keep up (if you know what I mean).

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I dunno, I'm colourblind but I think I'm close.

DSC_5991%20p%20screen%20size_zps8g5unwjb.jpg

I know I've done similar stuff before but I'm just going through some holiday snaps and having some fun.

Andy,

Make a resource library for yourself of such pictures in as high resolution as possible. Also as videos at high frame rate.

Then you can do all sort of experiments using the math functions in Photoshop's layers. If you add other images, say of a person to these and for example do a multiply at 7-15% or perhaps "difference" you may be very pleasantly surprised at the new worlds that are opened up!

Asher