• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Towards the ocean

Antonio Correia

i-2LmgZnG-X2.jpg

Antonio Correia

The small group of photographers I am in gathered for taking photographs in Bataria da Arrábida an abandoned fort just a few kilometers from Setubal in the Arrábida mountain.

The sky was very clear and no clouds were on sight. However, at the western area the cloud came up and slowly moved to East. And as it was moving it was also becoming longer and longer vanishing at the same time.

Beneath a glimpse of Setubal can be seen as a large portion of the peninsula in front of the town.
The Peninsula is here framed by the window of an observation position. (Perhaps I will return there to take more photographs in a different time of the day)
The guns are from 1942.
The last but not the least, is just the gun in action as the cloud was vanishing.

i-tNrX39G-X2.jpg
i-MWBk4GJ-X2.jpg
i-fgNrv5c-X2.jpg
i-Pj4v59Z-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We appreciate you for spending the time and being our guide! This is a marvelous tour with stunning pictures for us to enjoy! I will be visiting again and again!

Thanks for sharing so much Antonio! :)

Asher

Asher Kelman

Beneath a glimpse of Setubal can be seen as a large portion of the peninsula in front of the town.
The Peninsula is here framed by the window of an observation position. (Perhaps I will return there to take more photographs in a different time of the day)
The guns are from 1942.

The last but not the least, is just the gun in action as the cloud was vanishing.

i-Pj4v59Z-X2.jpg

Antonio,

Lining up disparate objects from what is just "there" and constraining them to act as elements in our photography is the major part of "The art of Photography", where one steps forward to actually create works worthy of life without you. This picture is simply put together but very well conceived and executed with craft to be worth collecting. Another "feather" to your hat! :)

What a wonderful representation of all of man's work - rust and a cloud that the wind moves away!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you Michael ! :)
My cloud is rather lacking detail. Or may be it is just as it should be as it is far away and the focus was on the gun.
That does not happen in your image.
-
I have been coming back to this set of images and ended up with a version I like in one of them. Perhaps the sky is a bit too strong...

i-ckfkqJJ-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

I am proud that such pictures are here and that another OPFr has similar creative instinct many miles away and we all benefit from these pictures being brought to us.

Thank to you all for sharing impressive but fleeting serendipity!

I use that to meet the woman I made my wife, so I must have at least some of these same skills.

Asher