• Guide: Pictures are the best way of describing what is for sale. Please describe any nicks, defects, missing parts and if a lens or camera, source and serial number, if available.

The recycling of unused gear helps this community! Good luck!
  • This forum is for contributors with a track record of substantial posts on phottography. Post such as "great picture" don't count. We routinely soft-delete "for sale" posts from those who have not, as yet, really participated as described above.
  • Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Caution in transactions with these entities. Pointers for safe dealings!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The WWW is full of wonderful choices for us. It's relatively easy to transfer one's hard-earned cash for new lenses, cameras, a workshop or even to help someone. However, some transactions don't give you what you expect! So how we we learn from this?

Post here your experiences to help others avoid the same difficulty. We're interested in issues that face photographers. Only the facts!

Asher

Jerome Marot

Transaction:

There is a new lens which should be available these weeks I am interested in. I found a shop advertising the lens as available on stock this morning, so I just ordered it. I even paid extra for speed delivery. A few hours afterwards, the shop informs me that the availability was a mistake of their cvs system (uh?) and that it will take another two weeks. I cancelled my order.

The pointer to safe dealings:

I order with payment as "cash on delivery". I still have my money.

(Only the facts!)

Kevin Stecyk

An easy solution is to go to Store Ratings and Reviews. That site will save you lots of grief.

I have three favorite U.S. retailers (not in order, because there is no order):

1. B & H
2. Adorama
3. Unique Photo

I have used all three and highly recommend each.

Unique Photo was a great find. I once had to replace a lens hood. Surprisingly, almost every place I looked was out of stock, both in Canada and the U.S. I came across Unique Photo, who had the lens hood at a great price and reasonable shipping charges. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The first link at the top will help you spot suspicious and/or fraudulent stores before you buy.