• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

re-invention

Tom dinning

Registrant*
As Madonna might do, I to, am likely to reappear in a different guise, usually as a result of the aging process and a haircut.

It's been a while. This is how I appear at the moment.

_DSF4847 by tom.dinning1, on Flickr​

I have been reflecting on life from time to time. Nothing much happening. I am training my great grand daughter to communicate with others. She's getting the hang of it.

_DSF4845 by tom.dinning1, on Flickr​

She has a tendency to copy my ways. She can't go wrong really.

_DSF4843 by tom.dinning1, on Flickr​

We go to the galleries together to critique the latest in art. Some of it does take some explaining but she gets it. Bright girl.

_DSF1142 by tom.dinning1, on Flickr​

For the remainder of the time I'm just out and about looking at the wonders of the world and finding beauty in everything and just being alive.

DSCF2042 by tom.dinning1, on Flickr

DSCF2029 by tom.dinning1, on Flickr​

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Tom
the first post shows you've got inspired…
There should be a nice job to achieve (imHo):
"A day of the life of my great grand daughter"
Then the circle would be finished, you'd show her, the life and the wonders of the world and beauty in everything. And just being alive.

Can't wait!
: )

PS we all know that until the real end, nothing is finished!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tom dinning said:
For the remainder of the time I'm just out and about looking at the wonders of the world and finding beauty in everything and just being alive.

I like these together. Did you order them sequently by hazard or on purpose?

This doesn't reveal any answers, just creates a balance.

Impressive.

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
My life isn't balanced, Asher, nor is my vision. It's a ****in' mess to be honest. So, I recordi it that way and display it in the same manner.
If I gave a name to the style I'd say 'Peek and Shoot'.
A student only the other day asked me to describe how I just took a picture I was showing her.
"How did you do that? " she asked
"Well, I got drown I the ground, pointed my camera and pressed the button" I responded sarcastically.
"No. I mean how did you really take it. How did you get that particular picture?"
" oh, now I understand" I said, even more sarcastically.
"I was born, my parents raised me, I went to school, paid attention to my teachers, noticed stuff, grew old and became what I am today"
"Oh!"
She got it.
I love my students. I annoy the **** out of them.

Asher Kelman

Damn your Upper class word check. It takes the punch out of the sentence.
When you finally fly over here to share some beer and lambburgers, I'll regale you with all the ****ing **** you can take!

However, online, here, there are folk who either peruse OPF at work, (yes some folk still do that), or else have a code of conduct that precludes a foul vocabulary. So that's the reason, (........and the fact that I am educated in a British Grammar School and had a civil mother), makes me respectful of other people's sensitivities.

What's the point of being correct with your "rights to say "****!"", when the whole ****ing crew walks of the job and your toilet no longer flushes? I once swore and the telephone repairman, put away his bible and promptly yanked a few wires and then my front door bell microphone no longer worked. It took a year to find someone to fix it.

Not being able to use the almost infinite and unaralleled descriptive poetics of the beautiful word ****, does mean one has to become more fluent in the use of other equally superb but inoffensive adjectives, adverbs and metaphors to express oneself. Or else one fogoes speech and just expresses oneself with photographs.....fine enough unless, of course, your ****ing camera falls down the cliff in the process!

Asher

Asher Kelman

16940870652_7e2da751d3_c.jpg

Well seen, Tom. It's both interesting and impressive. It does allow us to stop and muse, but AFAIK has no message, just has us scratch our head and go into park for a few moments and for that, thank you!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Nice haircut Tom, you remind me of the Full Metal Jacket drill sergeant.
So how did you really get that particular picture? It's OK, you can tell us. ;
Good to see you again mate!

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Nice haircut Tom, you remind me of the Full Metal Jacket drill sergeant.
So how did you really get that particular picture? It's OK, you can tell us. ;
Good to see you again mate!

Just enough hair to still require one from time to time.
What are you ding here anyway? You should be out looking for a job.
My great grand daughter took the shot of me. All of 4 years old. She loves taking photos. Move over Jane Bown, Nevayah Liquala Ormond is coming.

Michael Nagel

Welcome back!

Re-invention can be just flicking a switch but also painful...

Always look on the bright side...

Best regards,
Michael