• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Alamogordo stop light

Doug Kerr

We are in Alamogordo, New Mexico, trying to buy a house. We have tendered an offer on a lovely one, but of course some of the advance paperwork was not completely in order etc. etc.

So we wait for the pieces to fall into place.

Alamogordo is a really nice town. In look and feel it is like a mini-Albuquerque.

Some joke that it is so small it doesn't even have a stop light. But of course it does, and here it is:

NM_F30984-01-S700.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Of course Alamogordo has a stop light.

Seriously, of course Alamogordo has traffic signals - many very sophisticated. This is a unique one - a four-way flashing red to augment an all-way stop sign setup. But it is unusual to find them on arms like this and in a metropolitan area (this is in almost the center of "downtown").

More later - it is time for the next meeting on the house deal.

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Doug, good luck to Carla and yourself. Best wishes too.

Drive carefully..traffic light or not this seems to a be wild town, with busy traffic.

Best.

StuartRae

Hi Doug,

It's good to hear that your search for a new home is progressing, and living in the shadow of the hills is an added bonus. Is that snow or white rocks? I hope it all works out for you.

The four-way stop was the thing that terrified me most when I first visited my son in Seattle (turn right at the red came a close second), but it seems to work in a surprisingly civilised manner, with priority given to the first to arrive. I'm not sure it would be so successful over here.

Regards,

Stuart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doug,

You are a good man finding things like the traffic signal to make light of your obviously major move. Good luck to you and Carla on your choice of new home!

Asher