• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tweed

Just posting so the forum is not that empty anymore. LOL

a62e75d9c64c24537b6e1718ce1baaef6g.jpg

I was watching a demonstration on how tweed was produced generations ago.

Rachel Foster

Ok, here goes.

I particularly like the pattern of lines, the irregularity contained within regularity. (If this doesn't make sense I'll try to expound.) I like the colors, and the textures that clearly come through. So, the composition is lovely, original, and arresting.

It does evoke some emotional response, but I'm not sure what. I think it may speak to an existential anxiety....specifically, there is the illusion of regularity that is not, in fact, present. This would highlight the mind games we play with ourselves, ways we comfort ourselves in an unpredictable and uncontrollable world. This piece brings to mind "The Scream." It also reminds me of Thoreau's "lives of quiet desperation."

But...I am not truly thrilled by the shallow DOF. I'd like to see less oof. Perhaps it's required; I can't tell without comparing a shallow dof to a more generous dof. I suspect I'd prefer the more generous. This is not to say I want all in focus; just that I suspect it may be too shallow as is. I find the current narrow dof distracting.

This is my first attempt at meaningful critique on OPF......be gentle!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Georg,

Are you going to do more in this new genre for yourself? I like it's expressive power. I think you might continue to do more with this same subject and then explore further.

Is it your intention to include underlying references to your landscape work in this new work.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

for me this picture holds such a strength
it speaks of the inner depth and character of spirit in the very center of the shot
as the core of the self-
while the the blur outs on either end (for me) represents of the unsure self to do so

Charlotte