• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Composite

Bill Miller

Available light

BikeComp.jpg

Bill this looks great. I like your photoshop work ...the metallic flame pattern is interesting and works well with the bike... but mostly the chrome on the bike is brilliant and the angle you shot the bike at is very eye catching.

I see two very tiny minor flaws... the back wheel needs a little more touch up/cropping work done to it, it just doesn't appear to have the right curve. Then on the front wheel it seems to have a small notch taken out of it on the rear portion (just before it leaves the metallic flame).

I only point it out because I know when I do photoshopping work like this it gets hard to see the little stuff because your eye can still see all the changes that you made as you created the image.

I would also consider bringing the crop out a bit from the bike just a bit so that bike handle and wheel are not right at the edge. Then again this could be your vision for your image and you like it this way, in that case leave it alone.

Charlotte Thompson

This would be great for mag adverts- the only thing I would do to change is to leave more (just a bit more) crop from top to bottom- your idea is very creative- you must do ad work-

Charlotte-

Bill Miller

This would be great for mag adverts- the only thing I would do to change is to leave more (just a bit more) crop from top to bottom- your idea is very creative- you must do ad work-

Charlotte-

Thanks - You can send any Mags or advertisers my way. No Ad work just custom prints for car owners. Sometimes a poster. Here are a couple of older ones.

These are all available light and no reflectors. Most are shot during a Car Show

f18 ISO 200 1/160 70mm
Vet.jpg

f14 ISO 100 1/50th
Forty.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Bill,

The motorbike and the background pattern work so well together because they are from the same origin. This technic is really effective and allow the vehicle to be enhanced in a genuine but decorative way.

I trust you didn't have to rent a 30ft x 10ft overhead light box for the red car! You might add some highlight to the left front panel.

I love the way you integrate a detail of the vehicle as background with the vehicle as foreground and blend them together. Do you make a series of masks or do you just erase as you go and that's that.

Asher

Bill Miller

Hi Bill,

The motorbike and the background pattern work so well together because they are from the same origin. This technic is really effective and allow the vehicle to be enhanced in a genuine but decorative way.

I trust you didn't have to rent a 30ft x 10ft overhead light box for the red car! You might add some highlight to the left front panel. All of these were shot outside with only the sun.

I love the way you integrate a detail of the vehicle as background with the vehicle as foreground and blend them together. Do you make a series of masks or do you just erase as you go and that's that. Asher

Select the background and then overlay the vehicle. Usually there are multiple layers