• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Bio Portrait

Charlotte Thompson

I am working on a new bio-not completed yet- and I have always hated doing my bio but with the upcoming book illustration in December I am going to need to update- I took this picture and used NX2 to bring about a new look- it is strong- yes but also very different-I love the look of it
I am still experimenting with the NX for a voice/style/art- the shot was taken inside flash facing a wall while I was back to the wall- I changed lens to 35 mm instead of my micro 105-the flash is sb 600 all nikon -the question is do you think the look works? I know it is not your ordinary bio shot but that is what I am wanting-

DSC_0860-2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
ok
this not cliche'

I know this isn't tradiction-

don't be afraid of your speak-

Charlotte-
Charlotte, do you mean traditional? In any case, this is a rather dark projection. Surely your work will speak for itself. A lot of your presentations so far have been whimsical and fun. I see this a perhaps an obvious manipulation. If someone did this of you having seen all your work, then I'd have little objection. So I cannot say it doesn't fit, rather it's perhaps not fitting.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

But Asher

This is so- and yes for me cliche is "traditional" I am not" my friend- well Thanksgiving I am" I just want to see more- "the shot" and I hope I can be a part of that learning!
I would rather die- as an artists I try to get out- not easy! not in this genre- but I AM MIXED between both- what a hell- for me "it is art first"
Charlotte-