• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Take-off…

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
To tell a story with quite low res images is not my habit, I preferred to post them here in this "Risk it" forum …

This morning I flew back home quite early.
From Nice to Bordeaux, not a long flight, but peacefull.

I felt I liked to share it with all of you. Small but sincere Iphone pics (in "airplane mode"!).

The sky (though nothing really new if you fly oftenly) was quite emotional, I felt that colors of sky and clouds, melted, could be seen as some abstract painting.
If you have the courage to scroll down that thread, you'll see that the end is not abstract at all!
Just the normal and standard life of a lonesome travelling photog…

IMG_0051-2.jpg

IMG_0052-2.jpg

Then, I felt asleep…

IMG_0056-2.jpg

But later, while having a croissant and a coffee, we where flying over Marseille…

IMG_0066-2.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Bonsoir Nicolas,

This is quite intriguing to me, especially because I have done a similar series a few weeks ago while commuting to my work and back. I think it was borne out of the urge to express my feelings by taking pictures, any pictures, rather than just sit and wait the journey to conclude.

Thanks for showing these, it is gorgeous a sunrise indeed. Here is the song I am listening to right now:

Sunrise by Uriah Heep

Sunrise and the new day's breakin' trough
The morning of another day without you
And as the hours roll by
No one's there to see me cry......'cept the sunrise
The sunrise and you...

Tired eyes drift across the shore
Looking for love and nothing more
But as the sea rolls by
No-one's there to see me cry... except the sunrise
The sunrise and you...

Sun-rise catch my soul - make me whole again
Sunrise .. new day.. hear my song
I'm tired of fightin' and foolin' around
But from now to who knows when
My sword will be my friend
And I'll love you... love ya'... for all my time

Sun-rise.... bless my eyes
Catch my soul - make me whole again
Catch my soul - make me whole again
Catch my soul - make me whole again... Sunrise

Cheers,

Last edited:

Cem_Usakligil

Bonsoir Cem

Funny! did you end with on ground pics too?

Would be fun if you could post your travel here!

BTW: Sunrise by Uriah Heep
Yes I too did end with ground pictures. But it was a commute by car only, so that would be expected! LOL. I took them with my G9 while driving myself; very, very naughty isn't it?

Would you mind if I "polluted" your thread with my series?

Cheers,

Charlotte Thompson

Nicolas

I really like this very much-
the first picture is almost a dead ringer for an oil painting I was asked to paint from a book cover
wow! small world-
the midnight blue of the "sky is like a velvet shawl"
one would glady drown in-
the third one is so very interesting to me because you can imagine anything you like as I did-

I saw "a very dark cathedral" in that sky but it wAS! I went back to see your title for it and you said "I fell asleep"

The one with the earth cars and lights demands "we come back to reality-
ah croissants and coffee I love them both!
it's been a joy to fly with you-

Charlotte-

Cem_Usakligil

The anatomy of a commute - morning

...Would be fun if you could post your travel here!
Hi Nicolas,

Since you've asked for it, I will post those here. If you disagree, please feel free to relocate/delete. :). Images taken with a Canon G9 while driving at the same time. Windshield of the car needed cleaning as well.

Here are four images from the morning commute to my work. It was a fantastic morning with sunshine and beautiful skies in November in the low countries.

commute1.jpg

commute2.jpg

commute3.jpg

commute4.jpg

Cheers,

nicolas claris

But it was a commute by car only, so that would be expected! LOL. I took them with my G9 while driving myself; very, very naughty isn't it?
Yes it is!, as I did for the latest picture I posted. But we shouln't encourage others to do so, it is really dangerous!

Would you mind if I "polluted" your thread with my series?

Of course not! I did invite you to do so!

Obviously your G9 as much more resolution and details than my Iphone… I still wonder though if details are needed in the night sky shots… maybe lack of details does add to mystery?

Anyway I really like the 2nd picture of yours in the "commute" post and the last 2 night ones, so clean, they leave space for one's imagination to run free… A kind of a highway pour l'esprit ;-)

nicolas claris

Nicolas

I really like this very much-
the first picture is almost a dead ringer for an oil painting I was asked to paint from a book cover
wow! small world-
the midnight blue of the "sky is like a velvet shawl"
one would glady drown in-
the third one is so very interesting to me because you can imagine anything you like as I did-

I saw "a very dark cathedral" in that sky but it wAS! I went back to see your title for it and you said "I fell asleep"

The one with the earth cars and lights demands "we come back to reality-
ah croissants and coffee I love them both!
it's been a joy to fly with you-

Charlotte-

Bonjour Charlotte

I feel granted by your comments and how YOU felt loking at these humble snaps of mine!

The earth cars and lights shots where titled: "Back to on ground life…" ain't it that "reality"?

Fkying is always amazing to me, never a natural way of moving from one place to another!
Sometimes when taking-off or landing, I do imagine I'm going to or from an unknown place within a spaceship! Like a litle boy…

Mark Doodeman

While I am normally not a fan of motion blur, this works very well in my eyes. The lines work well (except the bit of wobble on the right side, which on the other hand others might like due to it breaking up a bit of the plainness), and the direction of motion is unclear, leaving a bit of intrigue. Very nice.