• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My first post and pic

Hello people, i am interesting about comments in this sports forum. I hope to share experience and knowledges in sport photography.
I shoot many sports activitys in Spain, specially soccer (second major league) and basket (ACB, the second best Basketball league in the world ).
This is a portrait of Gerald Brown from Alta GEstion Fuenlabrada team in the ACB (Basketball Club Association in Spain).

Gear for this shoot
EOS 20D, EF 300mm IS f2.8, v 1/400, f3.2, ISO 800. IS connected, without monopod
IMG_1426wcaborian.jpg

Jose Luis

Ray West

Hi Jose,

That is not sports photography - that is better than many posed/rehearsed/studio portraits that I have seen elsewhere. Perfect. The crop, the composition the bokah?(or was it pp'd) the expression, the skin tones - either a great skill or you have some good luck ;-)

Best wishes,

Ray

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Magnificent!

It is a portrait of the man and of basketball. It's even a metaphor reflecting goals, team work, agility and ability to respond to any change!

Wow!

Yes it's a portrait all right and impressive!

asher

Asher Kelman said:
Magnificent!

It is a portrait of the man and of basketball. It's even a metaphor reflecting goals, team work, agility and ability to respond to any change!

Wow!

Yes it's a portrait all right and impressive!

asher
Thanks for comments.
Ray the picture is jpg and processe quickly with acdsee v8. I must see more than 500 pics before the match and choose 20 or 30 for the magazine. Backgrounds is natural (thanks canon 300mm f2.8), and i was very lucky with the big white spot behind the face contour.
Jose Luis

Asher Kelman

Jose,

I like that print so much, It would be great for our front gallery! Also post it in portraits as a challenge! "Portraits that Inspire"

Asher

Don Lashier

Asher Kelman said:
Jose,

I like that print so much, It would be great for our front gallery! Also post it in portraits as a challenge! "Portraits that Inspire"

Although mine don't compare to this, I started a "Portraits in the field" challenge (we're overdue for some activity there). Jose, maybe post this image there?

- DL

Asher Kelman

Louis,

Have you any more like this? To get a photograph of someone in sports that doesn't look contorted and has stature as a fine portrait is unusual. It's not that one can say, move over here, chin up, look straight ahea; hold it!

Asher