• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

On Any Sunday.... 300 f/2.8

Barry Johnston

On any Sunday, you will see these boys (and some girls) scooting around the hills of the Black Spur near Healesville in Victoria. I took the opportunty last Sunday to take a few pics of the brave and foolhardy...

Pic 1
original.jpg

1/800 @ f/5.6

Pic 2
original.jpg

1/1250 @ f/5.6

Pic 3
original.jpg

1/1600 @ f/5.6

Pic 4
original.jpg

1/800 @ f/5.6

1D MkII N + EF300 f/2.8 (ISO400)
The 300mm was the perfect lens for these shots. Slower shutter with wider aperture combined to create panning effect would have probably made more interesting images.

Barry.

Barry Johnston

On Any Sunday.....

Here are a few more colourful characters that graced the hills....

Pic 5
original.jpg

Pic 6
original.jpg

Pic 7
original.jpg

(This image looks a bit green when I upload it to the web, not sure why?)

Pic 8
original.jpg

My Honda ST1300 somewhere along the Black Spur....

Regards,
Barry

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Barry

Fantastic shots, particularly this last one, love the off centre posiiton of the bike, great composition with the other riders coming through, looks like a beautiful forest the tree ferns look wonderful too.