• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Carla's new book

Doug Kerr

I am very proud to announce that Weatherford author C. C. Crittenden, whom you know as my wife, Carla, has published her third book.

The book, Cherokee Adventures—Book 2: Fort Gibson at Last, is a historical novel, the second part of a trilogy. Although fiction, it is loosely based on what we know of the lives of two real characters, Carla's great-great grandparents, Aaron Crittenden and the former Malinda ("Linnie") Tickaneesky, both "half-blood" Cherokee Indians.

We see the book cover here:

CA2_Front_cover_v01-S700h.jpg

In Book 2, they complete their arduous and perilous journey from their former home in Sturgeon, Missouri to Fort Gibson, Indian Territory (later to become Oklahoma). As the book ends, their son, John Ross Crittenden, Carla's great-grandfather, born just at the end of their journey, is three.

Book 3, scheduled for early next year, will (also as a historical novel) chronicle the life of John Ross Crittenden (named in honor of John Ross, a prominent leader of of the Cherokee people).

The book has been "self published" through Lulu.com. Those who might be interested in a copy can buy it directly from the Lulu.com site (just search on "Cherokee Adventures").

The book design and complete ready-for-press preparation were all done here at editions dak.

I know you will join me in congratulating Carla on this achievement.

Best regards,

Doug

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Doug,

...I know you will join me in congratulating Carla on this achievement.....
Definitely! Congrats to Carla for being able to multitask and write books while managing you, which is more than a full time job. :) Joking aside, this is a great achievement and we are very proud of her.

fahim mohammed

Hi Doug,

Let me join Cem in congratulating Carla for the publication of this volume.

Wishing her ( and you ) continued successes in your endeavors.

Kindest regards.

Mark Hampton

I am very proud to announce that Weatherford author C. C. Crittenden, whom you know as my wife, Carla, has published her third book.

The book, Cherokee Adventures—Book 2: Fort Gibson at Last, is a historical novel, the second part of a trilogy. Although fiction, it is loosely based on what we know of the lives of two real characters, Carla's great-great grandparents, Aaron Crittenden and the former Malinda ("Linnie") Tickaneesky, both "half-blood" Cherokee Indians.

We see the book cover here:

CA2_Front_cover_v01-S700h.jpg

In Book 2, they complete their arduous and perilous journey from their former home in Sturgeon, Missouri to Fort Gibson, Indian Territory (later to become Oklahoma). As the book ends, their son, John Ross Crittenden, Carla's great-grandfather, born just at the end of their journey, is three.

Book 3, scheduled for early next year, will (also as a historical novel) chronicle the life of John Ross Crittenden (named in honor of John Ross, a prominent leader of of the Cherokee people).

The book has been "self published" through Lulu.com. Those who might be interested in a copy can buy it directly from the Lulu.com site (just search on "Cherokee Adventures").

The book design and complete ready-for-press preparation were all done here at editions dak.

I know you will join me in congratulating Carla on this achievement.

Best regards,

Doug

Carla / Doug where can i pick it up.